University of Aberdeen2016 League Table Ranking 40
2016 Overall Score 733
View the 2016 league tables
- League Tables
- Fees & Finance
- Distance Learning
- Also Consider
Pre-arrival and orientation
- There are various events laid on to welcome new students, including information sessions and social events, and there is also a meet-and-greet facility to welcome students at the airport, etc.
- To find out more please visit http://www.abdn.ac.uk/newstudents/
- Aberdeen is unusual for a big-city university in having a lot of student accommodation within walking distance of its main teaching site. There is a choice of University-managed halls and privately-owned and managed halls.
- The majority of the University's halls of residence are located in Hillhead student village, which houses around 2,500 students.
- Hillhead is a 10-minute walk to the University; there is also a bus service available.
- All new students are guaranteed a place in university-run accommodation in their first year.
- The halls of residence are a mixture of individual rooms within houses or flats, available on a catered and self-catered basis. All have full wireless (wi-fi) internet access.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation each vacation.
- Up-to-date information on university accommodation, including costs, is available from the Student Accommodation Office, or online.
English language requirement
- Find up-to-date information on current English language requirements.
Scholarships and bursaries
- There are a number of scholarships that the university offers particularly to international students.
- Visit the website for a full list of the scholarships available to undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
University of Aberdeen
Aberdeen AB24 3FX
Why study at the University of Aberdeen?
- International students make up a large part of Aberdeen’s student population. Over 20% of our student body is international.
- Around 120 nationalities are represented. Aberdeen is Europe’s energy capital at the forefront of the oil and gas, and renewables industries.
- No overseas campus.
International organisations for international students
- The university’s Students’ Association has over 150 societies and around 60 sports clubs on offer. All of these clubs and societies are open to international students.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.