University of Aberdeen
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
The International Office is keen to meet you – you can meet us in-country or we can talk to you about the opportunities on offer via our regular online chats. See our website for details.
- International students make up a large part of Aberdeen’s student population. Over 20% of our student body is international, with 120 different nationalities represented.
- We want you to have the best experience academically but also we want to ensure you make the most of your wider student experience. The International Centre is a great place to help find out where to start exploring Aberdeen and all it has to offer.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- The university is home to a fantastic Language Centre which offers a number of foundation and pre-session courses for those students who need to improve their English language.
- The university’s up-to-date English language requirements can be found on our website.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university is delighted to offer the University of Aberdeen International Undergraduate Scholarship – this scholarship is worth one year’s tuition fee and is open to all international students studying for 4 years or more at the University of Aberdeen (excludes medicine).
- There are a wider range of alternative scholarships, details on our website.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- The university prides itself on offering a warm welcome to our all our students.
- We support our new students prior to arrival in a number of ways, including our pre-departure guide, online chats and in-country pre-departure sessions.
- There are variety of events tailored for new students and new international student specifically, including a meet and greet service, tailored 2-day orientation programme, and social events.
- To find out more visit our website.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees accommodation to our new international students (provided students apply by the stated deadline).
Organisations for International Students
The university’s Students’ Association has over 150 societies and around 60 sports clubs on offer. All of these clubs and societies are open to international students.