University of Abertay Dundee2014 League Table Ranking 111
2014 Overall Score 466
View the 2014 league tables
- League Tables
- Fees & Finance
- Distance Learning
- Also Consider
Pre-arrival and orientation
- The University of Abertay Dundee offers comprehensive pre-arrival information and guidance to international students via its website.
- An orientation programme is offered to new students.
- An international student advisor is available to assist and advise on a range of matters.
- A programme of special visits to tourist sites and cultural events is available, and an international welcome ceilidh (an informal Scottish social gathering with singing and dancing) is also offered
- All new students from outside Dundee are given priority for accommodation.
- All accommodation is self-catering and has internet access.
- International students are not clustered – all nationalities are mixed across residences.
- All student accommodation is close to the university – from 2 to 20 minutes walk.
- Students do not have to move out during each vacation – Christmas and Easter vacations are included within the tenancy agreements.
- Costs vary according to the accommodation and facilities, but are generally between £51 and £125 per week (2011–12).
English language requirement
- Minimum entrance requirement is IELTS 6.0 (no band less than 5.5).
Scholarships and bursaries
- The university offers an Overseas Student Scholarship Fund that is open to students living outside the European Union and the European Free Trade Area, who are liable to pay overseas tuition fees and whom Abertay University believes would bring to the university additional personal and academic qualities.
- The university also participates in the Scottish Saltire Scholarships programme.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate students
University of Abertay Dundee
Student Recruitment Office
Why study at the University of Abertay Dundee?
- Word-leading courses in computer games and computer arts.
- Home to the UK's first Centre for Excellence in Computer Games Education.
- Scotland's leading modern university for environmental science, law and psychology.
- First Scottish university to launch degrees in computer arts, bioinformatics, biotechnology, and ethical hacking and countermeasures.
- No overseas campus but students based in Malaysia can study for a range of Abertay University undergraduate business degrees with the university's Malaysian partner, SEGi University College.
Student organisations for international students
- Abertay has an International Student Society.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.