The University of Buckingham
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- The university accommodation is spread over three campuses.
- All our accommodation is furnished, non smoking and self-catering.
- Accommodation to all new students applying within deadline dates.
- Accommodation costs vary between £110 and £182 per week.
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation*||£7,666–£8,535|
Living in the City
- City Population: 12,043
- Student Population: 2,090
Buckingham is a small market town 50 miles from London and 20 miles from Oxford, close to the borders of Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire. The river Great Ouse winds its way through the centre of Buckingham, and the large green spaces in and near the town centre are some of its best features.
- The closest stations are Wolverton and Milton Keynes Central, both approximately 20 minutes away by car.
- Buckingham has good bus links to Aylesbury and Milton Keynes. Milton Keynes is 15-20 minutes by taxi or coach.
- An inner-city coach service links the town to Oxford and Cambridge. Some of the surrounding villages are connected to Buckingham by a market day bus.
Culture and Nightlife
- Buckingham is home to a wide variety of restaurants, cafes and pubs.
- The town has several music, arts and photography clubs, as well as Buckingham Old Gaol, the town’s museum which was established in 1993.
- The Firm Place is a popular cinema organised and run by local volunteers.
- The town has three local football teams, a rugby union club, and a cricket club.
- There is an indoor swimming pool, an all-weather sports pitch, squash courts, tennis courts and two bowls pitches.
- The University’s Sport and Fitness programme offers students of all abilities the chance to compete or simply have fun.
- Buckingham offers a fascinating variety of shops with lots of independent small traders, a great alternative to the normal chain stores found in most towns.
- Alternatively, nearby Milton Keynes has one of the most extensive shopping centres in the country.
Proximity to City Centre
- Buckingham’s three campuses are just a 10 minute walk from each other, and are all within a short walk of the town centre.