Edge Hill University2014 League Table Ranking 85
2014 Overall Score 547
View the 2014 league tables
Pre-arrival and orientation
- International students are collected from Manchester or Liverpool airports.
- The university organises a comprehensive orientation programme, which includes a welcome reception, local excursions and a Global Friends programme, where new international students are paired with a UK student who acts as a buddy and mentor.
- Edge Hill University guarantees on-campus accommodation to all international students, providing they apply by the advertised deadlines.
- Accommodation can be catered or self-catered, and en suite facilities are also available. Wireless internet is provided in all university accommodation.
- International students are placed throughout the accommodation on campus, depending on their choice of accommodation.
- Most accommodation contracts allow students to leave their belongings in their rooms over vacation periods, depending on the type of accommodation and contract signed by the student.
- Prices range from £59 to £104 per week (2012–13).
English language requirement
- GCSE English language: grade C or above.
- IELTS: 6.0 overall, with no individual element less than 5.5.
- TOEFL: 72 overall; minimum scores for Listening 17, Reading 18, Speaking 20, Writing 17.
Scholarships and bursaries
- Edge Hill University has a number of scholarships and bursaries available. Details of these can be found on the website.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
Centre for International Education
Edge Hill University
St Helens Road
- Tel: +44 (0)1695 657122
- Fax: +44 (0)1695 584440
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.edgehill.ac.uk/international
Why study at Edge Hill University?
- In the top four in England for Graduate Employment (First Destination Survey).
- Grade 1 'Outstanding' Initial teacher Training (OFSTED report May 2011).
- In the top 2 in northwest England for student satisfaction.
- No overseas campus.
Student organisations for international students
- International Student Society, Chinese Student Society.
- International Students are also free to join any society within the university. Visit the website for details of all clubs and societies.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.