University of Glasgow2014 League Table Ranking 23
2014 Overall Score 779
View the 2014 league tables
Student Accommodation at University of Glasgow
Accommodation Costs *
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£3,300–£4,000|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£5,100–£5,700|
|Number of university/college beds||3,521|
- Around 3,500 University places are available for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- There is a wide range of accommodation, from 7-days catering to self-catered, with a choice of room type and cost, from single en-suite bedrooms/single standard bedrooms and twin rooms
- All first year full-time students who firmly accept their offer of study and apply by the deadline are offered accommodation.
- The University can also provide help for students who are looking for private accommodation.
- Student residences provide unlimited access to the internet, 24/7, included in the rent. All rooms have phone points and separate data points for internet access. A range of free minibus services from Halls to Campus is also provided. Rents also include utilities and group insurance cover for possessions.
For further information
* KIS/HESA interquartile range, academic year 2012–13. An interquartile range has been used to provide an average cost per university. This is calculated by putting the costs of every room available (for a particular university or college) in order from the lowest to the highest; the most expensive costs (the top 25%) and the least expensive costs (bottom 25%) are then ignored, leaving the interquartile range (i.e. the middle 50%).
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.