University of Hertfordshire2014 League Table Ranking 53
2014 Overall Score 622
View the 2014 league tables
Pre-arrival and orientation
- The University of Hertfordshire holds an orientation programme for new international students.
- This includes a free airport pick up and a range of practical and social events to help students settle into UK and university life.
- The university has over 3,000 rooms available on the campus and guarantees accommodation for all new international students joining in September each year.
- There is also accommodation available for students who join the university in January (Semester B) but it is more limited and not guaranteed.
- All university accommodation is self-catered, with free internet access in all rooms.
- There are a few flats that are specifically used by students from overseas but in general international students are spread evenly throughout university accommodation, according to their room preferences and availability.
- The majority of accommodation is on campus. There are some university-managed houses off campus (walking distance); one set of halls is a short bus journey away.
- Students do not have to move out of their accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations. However, during the summer vacation there is generally only accommodation on one of the two campuses, so students may have to move during this time.
- Accommodation costs vary according to type and whether the room is shared or individual. Current costs are between £66.15 and £113.40 a week (2011–12).
English language requirement
- GCSE English language: grade C or above.
- IELTS: between 6.0 and 7.0 depending on course.
- TOEFL: between 87 and 110 depending on course.
Scholarships and bursaries
- The university offers a £2,000 merit based scholarship as well as a family scholarship, an MBA scholarship and also a graduate scholarship. More details are available on the website.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
University of Hertfordshire
- Tel: + 44 (0)1707 281249
- Fax: + 44 (0)1707 286040
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.herts.ac.uk/international
Why study at the University of Hertfordshire?
- Employability – your degree studies will provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and experience that employers look for, giving you the best chance of career success.
- Teaching excellence – you will enjoy high-quality teaching, which is independently commended by the UK's Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. Many of our degree courses are also accredited by professional bodies.
- Flexible study routes – to help you meet our entry requirements, we offer a range of tailored foundation and preparation courses. These are designed to improve your English language, develop study skills, and build your subject knowledge, before you start your degree.
- Twenty-first century study facilities – you will have access to our award-winning Learning Resources Centres, which are widely regarded as the best among UK universities, as well as state-of-the-art specialist facilities at our schools.
- You will also be connected to StudyNet, your online university available 24/7 on the web from any location.
- A great location – you will be only half an hour from central London, and within easy reach of all four of the capital's international airports. You are guaranteed university accommodation in your first year on an attractive, safe campus that provides a real home from home.
- No overseas campus, however University of Hertfordshire degrees are offered in Malaysia.
Student organisations for international students
- The university has an International Student Association as well as many individual country clubs and societies.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.