Imperial College London2014 League Table Ranking 4
2014 Overall Score 933
View the 2014 league tables
Pre-arrival and orientation
- There is a large international welcome event on the Sunday before term begins which includes a formal welcome from the Rector and introductions from members of the Imperial College London community.
- There are also opportunities to find out about services available to international students at Imperial.
- In the week prior to term, we offer a number of workshops for international students on immigration, financial issues and life in London. Departments also offer their own orientation programmes.
- Accommodation is guaranteed in the first year of study for all undergraduates.
- The accommodation is self-catered, with internet access, and most of it is on campus or a short walk away.
- International students are spread evenly within halls of residence, rather than clustered together.
- Students do not have to move out during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Costs vary, although they are normally between £60–£200 a week (2012–13). Find out more about accommodation costs at Imperial on the website.
English language requirement
- GCSE: grade B in English Language.
- IELTS: an overall score of 6.5, with 6 in the Writing and Speaking modules.
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test: an overall score of 85, with 22 in Writing and 23 in Speaking.
- TOEFL Paper-Based Test: an overall score 600, with 4.5 in Writing.
Scholarships and bursaries
- Please visit the website for information about scholarships and bursaries for international students at Imperial.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
Dr Joanna Shearer
Head of International Student Recruitment
Imperial College London
Room 301, Level 3 Sherfield Building
South Kensington Campus
Why study at Imperial College London?
- One of the most exciting aspects of study at Imperial is that from your first day you will be exposed to and taught by academics who are leaders in their fields. Regular teaching and research quality reviews ensure that these methods remain the best.
- Imperial courses have a strong emphasis on the application of science, engineering and medicine to real world challenges, meaning that courses include a high amount of practical work.
- No overseas campus.
Student organisations for international students
- Please visit the website for details about the 48 international societies at Imperial.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.