Leeds Metropolitan University2014 League Table Ranking 101
2014 Overall Score 503
View the 2014 league tables
Pre-arrival and orientation
- Leeds Metropolitan University runs a one-week welcome programme for new international students arriving for both the September and January intakes.
- We offer sessions on welfare, immigration, how to find a part-time job, registering with a GP, course inductions, library induction, introduction to UK culture, introduction to the UK higher education system, a welcome party, and the buddies programme which helps new students meet current students who will act as their mentors and buddies.
- We provide dedicated advisors for international students through Services for Students.
- All international students are guaranteed accommodation in the University’s halls of residence provided they book via the online university accommodation booking system.
- Deadlines apply to guarantee a student's first choice out of the three they can select. There are guaranteed places in halls of residence for all students who accept an unconditional or conditional offer before the end of June.
- All of our accommodation is suitable for international students. We offer a wide variety to meet the needs of different age groups and cultures.
- There is University accommodation across the city to cater for students studying at the different campuses. All are within easy travelling distances of the campuses.
- Students do not have to move out of their university accommodation during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Accommodation prices range from £90 to £160 per week, and include rent, utilities (in most cases), insurance for personal possessions and internet acces. All University halls of residence are self-catered.
English language requirement
- GCSE English: grade C.
- IELTS: 6.0 with no skill below 5.5.
- TOEFL: (paper) 550; (internet) 79.
Scholarships and bursaries
- 10% early payment or alumni discount.
- Up to £1,500 scholarship for all new entrant international students.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
Leeds Metropolitan University
G04 Bronte Hall
- Tel: +44 (0)113 812 1111
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.leedsmet.ac.uk/international
Why study at Leeds Metropolitan University?
- Many courses are developed with employers and professional bodies, and are designed to ehance employability.
- Undergraduate courses with work-related learning and placements.
- Volunteering opportunities to help students gain valuable employability skills.
- Libraries open 24/7, 365 days a year.
- State-of-the-art learning facilities.
- Award-winning accommodation.
- Leeds is the UK’s largest centre for finance and business services outside of London.
- High standard of education and excellent teaching quality, with high levels of student satisfaction, as demonstrated by recent NSS scores.
- Good graduate employment record and reputation with employers.
- Global award for 'Best Tall Building in the World' by the Council for Global Architects, 2010.
- World-class sports facilities, chosen by the Chinese Olympic track and field team as a training base for the London Olympics 2012.
- One-year internationally recognised Masters qualifications.
- Free English language support.
- A network of 30 university teacher fellows and five Higher Education Academy (HEA) national teaching fellows.
- Research graded world-leading or internationally excellent in: Allied Health Professions and Studies; Art and Design; Business and Management Studies;
Communication, Cultural and Media Studies; Education; Library and Information Management; Sports-Related Studies.
- Leeds Metropolitan University has an overseas campus in Bhopal, India.
Student organisations for international students
- Various international student societies, e.g. Leeds Met Indian Students Society and sports societies.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.