Leeds Trinity University2014 League Table Ranking 108
2014 Overall Score 483
View the 2014 league tables
This environmental & ethical ranking of the University is provided courtesy of the People & Planet Green League - the only comprehensive and independent green ranking of every UK university. Choosing a greener university can reduce your carbon footprint and improve your job prospects in a global low-carbon economy.
History and background
- Leeds Trinity University is a campus university renowned for its high quality education. Recent league tables have revealed that it is in the top 10% of UK universities for teaching excellence and the top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction with feedback and assessment.
- Founded as a teacher training college in 1966 with just 300 students, today the University has over 3,000 students and offers honours BA and BSc degrees, postgraduate degrees and certificates, and foundation degrees in a variety of subjects in the areas of humanities, journalism, education, media, business and marketing.
- Leeds Trinity University was one of the first universities to offer professional work placements as part of every undergraduate degree, and they remain an integral, assessed part of every degree. This means that all of its students graduate with degree-related work experience, and as a result, 93% of its graduates are working or studying six months after graduating, putting the university in the top 20% for employability in England.
- Leeds is an wonderful student city. The UK’s third largest city, it has a population of around 200,000 students and is renowned for its amazing nightlife, culture and shopping, as well as being an internationally recognised major centre of learning.
Location and transport
- Leeds Trinity is located in Horsforth, just a short train or bus journey from Leeds city centre. Travel times from the city centre are 20 minutes by car, 30 minutes by bus, and 10 minutes by train.
- Leeds is about two hours from London by train, and by car there's easy access to the A1, M1 and M62.
- The University operates a free shuttle bus service to all campus users and visitors which connects the University to Horsforth Railway Station and the amenities of Horsforth. The shuttle operates weekdays during term time. There are three pre-9 a.m. services running from Horsforth Railway Station to Leeds Trinity followed by a twice hourly circular service continuing until 6.45 p.m.
- At Leeds Trinity, all facilities, including accommodation, lecture theatres, classrooms, student support services, dining, and sports facilities are located on a green, leafy campus with amazing views over the suburbs of Horsforth and Cookridge.
- Leeds Trinity University offers courses across eight academic departments: Business, Management and Marketing; Children, Young People, and Families; Humanities; Journalism; Media, Film and Culture; Primary Education; Psychology, and Sport, Health and Nutrition.
- Our students are taught by highly-qualified and experienced staff, many of whom have extensive professional experience outside of the University.
- More information on courses at Leeds Trinity University is available from the website. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0113 283 7150.
- Leeds Trinity University's Dyslexia and Disability Support Service offers support to all students with physical, mental, or learning disabilities in order to ensure that they are able to thrive and succeed.
- We encourage all current and potential students to get in touch to have a chat about what we can do to support you – please email email@example.com or telephone 0113 283 7138.
- The Leeds Trinity Students’ Union is an independent body dedicated to supporting and representing Leeds Trinity University Students, as well as providing a social space and organising charity fundraising, social and sporting events for students.
- More information can be found on the Students’ Union web page at www.ltsu.co.uk.
- Students enjoy low-cost rates at Trinity Fitness, our sports centre which includes a sports hall, a fully-fitted fitness suite with free weights area, two treatment rooms, a movement and spin studio, a gymnasium (incorporating dance studio facilities) and two squash courts. Outdoor sports facilities include three full-size rugby/football pitches, six dedicated tennis courts, two multi-use hard courts and a running track. The most recent addition is a 3G Astroturf Pitch, which is the latest generation of 3G synthetic turf accredited by FIFATM for football and the FIHTM for Hockey.
- The University is also represented by a variety of teams in football, rugby union and rugby league, cheerleading, badminton, and netball among others. More information can be found online.
Recent/prospective new builds
- The Media Centre has undergone a major refit in the past 12 months, with upgrades to both the building and equipment. The centre is now fully digital for video and audio operations, and students are able to shoot in HD following the purchase of broadcast quality JVC and Sony portable cameras. In addition, the centre has a fully fitted suite of Apple Mac computers, two HD compatible TV studios and a network for all individual edit areas, with a 48 terabyte shared storage server.
- The Centre for Journalism has developed two additional multimedia newsrooms – one for undergraduate and one for postgraduate studies. The areas provide open plan flexible teaching and learning space, with easy access to studios, equipment and edit suites.
- In January 2012, the Andrew Kean Learning Centre launched a new self-service system for borrowers at the library. Since its launch, usage figures have more than doubled, proving both the demand for, and the usability of, the service.
- A 3G Astroturf Pitch opened in September 2012, which is the latest generation of 3G synthetic turf accredited by FIFATM for football and the FIHTM for Hockey.
- Our student bar and venue is being revamped and relocated to an alternative location on campus to meet student needs, with a bar, DJ booth and additional toilets. This will offer students a fantastic, central, 24/7 social facility on the main campus, offering hot and cold food and drink, plus a bar at pre-set times in line with when our current bar is open.
For further information
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.