A level students get stress free checklist for the night before, and what to do on results day...
Your last A level exam may seem like a lifetime away, but the waiting game of the last six weeks is about to end. As results day gets nearer, privately owned BPP University College offers some help on how to focus on the night before, and the day after, with its quick checklist below... or, for more detailed information, check out its essential online guide, "Be Prepared for Clearing".
The night before...
- Charge up your mobile.
- Make arrangements for when and how you are going to collect your results.
- Have a list of your university choices, course name and web and phone contact details, and a pen and pad.
- Set your alarm clock if you want to check your status from 8am on the UCAS site.
On the day...
- Go online as early as possible and log on to the UCAS website and make a note of your Clearing Number.
- Check availability of places against your choices.
- Collect your exam results and stay focused on what you need to do next – plenty of time to catch up with friends later!
- Telephone your firm and insurance choices.
- If you missed out on your first choice, start to telephone the places next on your list. Stay calm, speak clearly, listen carefully and don’t rush the call. Everyone is in the same boat!
- If you secure an offer, make note of the 2 codes that you will be given – for the course and the place of study.
- Allow time for the odd break or two, and make sure you eat!
- After 6pm, visit the UCAS website to confirm the Clearing Offer you’ve decided to accept.
The essential guide "Be prepared for Clearing" is a short, handy guide that students can download via BPP’s website www.bpp.com. It offers practical advice on the process, as well as tips on staying positive and dealing with questions.