Northumbria University2014 League Table Ranking 64
2014 Overall Score 603
View the 2014 league tables
Scholarships and bursaries
- We recognise that studying in the UK is a big financial commitment. To help make study at Northumbria more attainable for everyone we offer an Academic Scholarships scheme to reward outstanding academic achievement.
- The Scholarships are for international students with high grades joining full-time courses at the University in the September 2013–14 academic year. If you have achieved very good grades in your highest previous academic qualifications from a high-ranking institution you may be eligible for a scholarship of either £2,000 or £1,500, depending on the grade you achieved.
- The scholarships are offered as a reduction in the tuition fees for the first year of study and they apply to all full-time programmes starting from Bachelor degree courses (from level 4), postgraduate courses, and a research degree programmes.
- In addition to Academic Scholarships, international students can benefit from tuition fee savings of up to £500 on our standard tuition fee for early payment. The University also offers a 10% Alumni Discount. This means that if you have previously graduated with a degree from Northumbria University and want to come back for further study on a Masters or PhD programme then we would be delighted to offer you a 10% saving on your tuition fee.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
21–22 Ellison Place
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Tel: (+44) 191 227 4274
- Fax: (+44) 191 261 1264
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.northumbria.ac.uk/brochure/international; www.northumbria.ac.uk/international
Why study at Northumbria University?
- As one of the UK’s largest and most respected professional universities, we are a very popular choice for international students.
- Our academic and graduate employment record, links to industry, huge choice of courses with start dates in September and January and attractive scholarships for the most able international students are just some of the great reasons to come here.
- We are based in the North East of England in the city of Newcastle upon Tyne – one of the UK’s most popular, welcoming and attractive student cities with lots to do and see, impressive history and culture and low living costs. The Washington Post newspaper was greatly impressed by the city when their travel reviewer recently visited, saying: "It's as if everything – the visual arts, the music, the heritage, the history – comes together in Newcastle to make a rich creative stew."
- No overseas campus, but regional offices in China, India, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.