University of Portsmouth2014 League Table Ranking 68
2014 Overall Score 597
View the 2014 league tables
Student Accommodation at University of Portsmouth
Accommodation Costs *
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£3,200–£3,600|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£2,600–£3,100|
|Number of university/college beds||1,309|
- Around 75% of new full time UK and EU applicants who firmly accept an offer to study at the University of Portsmouth will be offered a hall place in accordance with the University's accommodation policy.
- The rental market is good and the University runs a variety of events throughout the summer including house-hunting events throughout July to September, providing advice, support, and transport to help new arrivals with house-hunting.
- We also offer an e-intro to house-hunting, a secure online resource to help students link up with other new student house-hunters and find private rented accommodation. This is a great way of meeting like-minded people prior to attending the University or coming to the house-hunting events.
- Almost entirely wireless campus and free broadband in all halls.
For further information
* KIS/HESA interquartile range, academic year 2012–13. An interquartile range has been used to provide an average cost per university. This is calculated by putting the costs of every room available (for a particular university or college) in order from the lowest to the highest; the most expensive costs (the top 25%) and the least expensive costs (bottom 25%) are then ignored, leaving the interquartile range (i.e. the middle 50%).
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.