University of Reading2014 League Table Ranking 37
2014 Overall Score 728
View the 2014 league tables
Student Accommodation at University of Reading
Accommodation Costs *
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£5,200–£5,700|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£2,700–£3,200|
|Number of university/college beds||4,212|
- One of the highest proportions of residential student accommodation among UK universities, with just over 4,200 rooms available.
- Rooms in halls cost from £97 per week to £143.
- A room in private rented accommodation is around £26–£300 per calendar month.
- The fourteen halls of residence and student village are situated on campus or a short distance away.
- Halls are in easy distance of each other and the centre of Reading, with its cosmopolitan city culture.
- The university has spent £200 million on new student accommodation, with two new halls opened in 2010 and another in 2012, and now has a long-term partnership for the operation and management of student accommodation with UPP, the UK's leading provider of campus infrastructure and residential management services.
- If Reading is a given as a first choice, and students firmly accept a place and return their application for accommodation by 1 August, they are guaranteed a study bedroom in Hall.
For further information
* KIS/HESA interquartile range, academic year 2012–13. An interquartile range has been used to provide an average cost per university. This is calculated by putting the costs of every room available (for a particular university or college) in order from the lowest to the highest; the most expensive costs (the top 25%) and the least expensive costs (bottom 25%) are then ignored, leaving the interquartile range (i.e. the middle 50%).
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.