Resource Development International (RDI)
RDI offers 11 distance learning MBA courses at the universities of Bradford, Anglia Ruskin and Sunderland.
MBA, University of Sunderland
- A dynamic, modern university with a growing reputation for teaching quality and leading-edge-research. The university is committed to pioneering new, flexible learning programmes, allowing students to study at home or at work.
- Sunderland Business School has a reputation for delivering programmes influenced by the latest business and management theory and practice. Degree courses covering a range of business functions ensure that as a graduate you are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to find graduate level employment or set up your own business.
- High quality UK university programme.
- Studied through ilearn – online campus.
- Flexible payment available for this course.
- Excellent career prospects and IMA membership.
- Full academic and progression support.
- Opportunities to develop career networks.
- This internationally recognised MBA programme, a top-up to the Edexcel DMS programme, is designed to significantly enhance your ability to function as a senior manager within a wide range of commercial and service organisations and is valued by employers worldwide.
Course title and mode
- Master of Business Administration.
- Text based distance learning.
- Minimum 12 months. However, the programme is flexible and can be extended to a maximum of three years.
- To gain entry to the University of Sunderland MBA Top-Up you must possess the Edexcel Diploma in Management Studies or a CMI Executive Diploma. You must be at least 23 and have at least two years appropriate management experience.
- Please contact RDI for information.
MBA, University of Bradford
- As one of the world's leading business schools, Bradford University School of Management is recognised for the quality, flexibility of its programme and future earning power of its graduates.
- The Bradford University School of Management has been providing students with an opportunity to study for an MBA via distance learning since 1998.
- At Bradford they appreciate that many of their students have to juggle work and family commitments alongside their studies. As such they allow their students to develop their managerial skills and knowledge at a pace which suits their individual needs.
- The programme is aimed at intelligent, highly motivated managers who wish to equip themselves with the essential business and management skills required in the increasingly competitive, diverse and dynamic business environment.
- MBA students become part of the Bradford University School of Management student community, ensuring that you have every opportunity to develop your professional network while also learning from the experiences of other students.
- Small faculty led tutor groups, weekly online discussions, live face-to-face on line tutorial sessions and a distance learner on line social space called The Atrium.
- While students do not have to attend any on-site teaching they do have an opportunity to take part in face-to-face teaching sessions with academics from the School of Management in Bradford and at its partner institutions in the Netherlands, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai (subject to availability).
Course title and mode
- Master of Business Administration.
- Blended distance learning.
- The Bradford School of Management distance learning MBA allows students to vary the speed of their progression through the programme to suit their own individual needs: students can choose to take just one module in a quarter or to defer studies altogether, for a short period of time.
- Distance learning students usually study 2 modules every 3 months. Each module is split into 9 units (8 learning units and 1 revision unit). Students are expected to work through 1 unit per module per week. This format ensures that students have a number of weeks at the end of the module for examination revision (if the module is assessed by an exam), assignment work and general recuperation.
- Through completing 2 modules every 3 months, by the end of year 1 students will have studied 8 modules. In year 2, progressing at the same rate, students take the remaining 2 compulsory modules and 4 cycle 2 modules. The completion of these remaining modules takes 9 months.
- In the final 3 months students start (and can complete) the management project. Many students see the management project as a key part of the MBA experience, putting the skills they have learnt into practice. To facilitate this learning experience, students are able to register for the management project at a time that is convenient to them. Once a student has registered for the management project Bradford will allow the student up to 12 months to complete the project.
- As a general guide the programme can be completed in 2–6 years. On average, students take 3 years to complete the programme.
- A degree from an approved university: UK degree minimum 2:2 (honours); European degree gross percentile average (GPA) of 2.5 out of 4.0 or 6.5 out of 10, or overall average of 70 from 100 per cent or an acceptable professional qualification.
- At least three years' relevant postgraduate work experience.
- Proficiency in English - a 6.5 score on IELTS test of English, 580 in written TOEFL, 240 in computer-based TOEFL or 94 or better in the internet-based TOEFL are needed from non-native speakers. Under exceptional circumstances alternative evidence demonstrating proficiency in English will be accepted.
- Once you have been accepted onto the programme and have started your studies you will be required to complete a a short on line exercise to help assess critical thinking and numerical reasoning (the Bradford Test). Applicants with a GMAT of 600+ attained in the last two years do not have to take the Bradford Test.
- It may be the case that you are a highly motivated applicant with a proven track record and a wealth of highly relevant work experience but you do not have the required academic qualifications. If this is the case you may well still be eligible for the Bradford MBA and as such you are encouraged to submit application.
- Fees for this programme are £12,950 for the complete MBA (instalment plans are available).
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.