University of Roehampton2015 League Table Ranking 93
2015 Overall Score 558
View the 2015 league tables
- League Tables
- Fees & Finance
- Map & Crime
- Also Consider
This environmental & ethical ranking of the University is provided courtesy of the People & Planet Green League - the only comprehensive and independent green ranking of every UK university. Choosing a greener university can reduce your carbon footprint and improve your job prospects in a global low-carbon economy.
- The University of Roehampton has a proud and extensive history in higher education stretching back over 170 years through our four Colleges. Our ethos derives from this rich collegiate history, built on community, engagement and partnership.
- Our Colleges were also among the first colleges of higher education in the country to admit women. That tradition of commitment to equality continues to be part of the University's Vision and to the ethos of Roehampton, which has one of the most diverse communities of students in the UK.
- Today the University has a broad range of expertise across the arts and humanities, social sciences and the human and life sciences, at the same time as maintaining its historic strength in education. We pride ourselves on the guarantee we make to all of our students: high levels of contact time with excellent teachers and researchers working at the cutting edge of their subject areas.
Our mission is to support all of our students, whatever their background, to reach their full potential. We provide a personal learning experience, helping them grow as individuals and to be responsible citizens and leaders. We ensure our students become the sort of graduate most valued by employers: a confident, critical thinker, adaptable, open to new ideas, able to work well with people from all walks of life, and with first-class communication skills.
- We are also focussed on creating new knowledge and ideas that help us to understand our world and make it a better place.
Location and Transport
- The University of Roehampton is London's only campus university, boasting 54 acres of parkland in the capital's south west. It is close to the shops and nightlife of Putney and Hammersmith and the extensive grounds of Richmond Park. Central London is only 25 minutes away by train.
- Studying at a campus university provides a sense of community for our students, who also become a member of one of our four Colleges, through which we provide extensive advice and support and a wide range of social activities.
- Full details of entry requirements can be found our website.
- A student population of around 10,000 from around 140 countries – a diverse and vibrant university community.
- 25% men, 75% women.
- The university remains committed to personal choice and course flexibility, offering innovative and coherent programmes of study, enabling students to pursue particular areas of interest.
- The University of Roehampton achieved 86% for overall student satisfaction in the 2013 National Student Survey.
- 9 out of 10 students are in employment or further study within 6 months of graduating.
- The University of Roehampton has a very strong research profile, with some of the highest regarded academic departments in the UK. A third of research at the University has been judged as internationally excellent. In Dance, and Biological Anthropology, the University is considered amongst the very best in the country.
- The University of Roehampton has a long and respected tradition of arts and humanities education, where students are provided with valuable skills by academics with national and international reputations for research, in an environment rich in creativity and new ideas.
- Our students are guaranteed high levels of contact with excellent teachers and researchers working at the cutting edge of their subject areas; every academic is engaged in teaching, including our top professors. We also engage a number of high profile individuals in teaching, including leading children’s author Dame Jacqueline Wilson.
- We offer excellent teaching facilities, including state-of-the-art lecture theatres, modern sport and science laboratories, dance studios, drama performance spaces and film and media facilities.
- An internet café is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, boasting full wireless connectivity as well as 50 work stations and plenty of space for laptops. IT support is available during all opening hours of the university library, via the IT helpdesk, including weekends 11.00–18.00.
- The library holds a range of books and journals, as well as providing access to electronic journals and databases, DVD, internet, and much more. It provides a variety of learning environments including three open-access PC suites and bookable study rooms.
- The Money Doctors Project is funded by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and was set up to support students in being financially capable so that they take control of their lives and their finances; to enable students to acknowledge financial problems without fear and embarrassment; and to encourage students to make choices through education, inform and advise to increase knowledge, skills and understanding.
- For more information on disability services at the University of Roehampton, telephone 020 8392 3636, email email@example.com or visit the website.
- The University of Roehampton Students’ Union enhances the experience of students through representation, development, activities and support. The Union provides a range of clubs and over 60 societies for students to get involved with. University is your chance to develop different skills and gain life experience so that you can go out and get the best job possible. The Students’ Union also provides a range of opportunities and volunteering projects, to help you get the most out of your time here.
- The RSU organises a strong social and events programme which includes the Union Bar, quiz nights, live music, dance events and larger occasions such as Freshers and the pinnacle event of the year, the Summer Ball. As well as all the fun and extracurricular activities, RSU provides student support and advice to help resolve issues.
- RSU officers are voted by the students and represent the views of members at all levels of the University. It is this team who sits on University committees, meet with University staff and shape your university experience.
- The department organises sports and physical activity for students, staff and the local community. Whether you’re a beginner or an elite performer, Sport Roehampton provides opportunities for everyone, with sports clubs, competitions, exercise classes, coaching, dance-based activities and recreational sessions.
- The Roehampton sports community boasts a wide range of sports clubs, ranging from badminton to yoga, athletics to martial arts and roller sports to volleyball. Each of our clubs are open to all; from complete beginners to experienced athletes and most offer the chance to take part in recreational sessions, compete for the university and receive coaching. A number of teams compete in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Leagues and Tournaments. The clubs all have a vibrant social side and are a great way to make new friends.
- Modern exercise facilities include a high-tech gym, sports hall, studio, outdoor tennis courts and playing fields. The university campus is situated next to the beautiful open spaces of Richmond Park and Wimbledon Common, where the community can enjoy walking, biking, golfing and horse-riding.
- Sport Roehampton also has a track record of supporting elite sport and has a number of international standard student athletes. Scholarships and bursaries are available for Roehampton students who are particularly talented.
Recent/Prospective New Builds
- We will continue to develop our campus estate by building a high quality, state-of-the-art library, 600 new residences in two new student halls on campus and over 500 managed student residences off-campus. We are also aiming to reinforce Roehampton’s status as London’s most beautiful campus by enhancing the landscape of our Digby Stuart site, creating new pedestrian spaces and areas for study and socialising.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- Our Unitemps service provides students part-time jobs or temporary jobs on-campus and nearby. And students can sign up before they begin with us.
- The University offers a significant range of paid internship opportunities to all of its students and to recent alumni.
- Our Graduate Mentoring Scheme partners our students with Roehampton alumni working in a variety of different work sectors both in London and internationally such as authors, journalists, scientists and teachers, helping them get tailored advice in a field in which they are interested and to build their networks.
- We offer our students personalised careers advice, CV workshops and online resources. Each of our academic department brings in guest speakers to talk to students about careers in which they have interest.
For further information
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.