University of Salford
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Founded in 1896, we are a forward looking university with a rich history.
- We have over 3,500 international students from 85 countries studying with us, making the university a truly international institution. Our commitment to our internationals students is reflected in our place in the Times Higher Education’s top 200 list of the most international universities.
- We are committed to delivering top-quality teaching that is focused on future careers. In the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), the university was in the top half of UK institutions.
- We are the only university with a presence at MediaCityUK; one of the most advanced centres in Europe for the digital and creative industries where students can work and study alongside institutions including the BBC, ITV and Adobe.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- International students must have at least IELTS 4.5 for the International Foundation Year and IELTS 6.0 for most undergraduate degrees.
- Postgraduate courses typically require at least IELTS 6.5.
- Please visit Salford Languages for further information about English language services.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2015–2016):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- We offer scholarships worth up to £6,000 for undergraduate international students.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- We run a programme of events for new students joining us throughout the year. A university-wide programme of events is delivered in September and January, and individual schools operate events for other intakes throughout the year, in conjunction with Student Life and the students' union. A range of welcome and induction events are offered, helping students settle into the academic, social and cultural life of the university.
- All new students can book a free transfer by taxi from the airport to their accommodation, regardless of what time of year they arrive. In September, we run a small meet and greet service in each terminal of the airport.
Accommodation for International Students
- University accommodation is managed by our partner organisation, Salford Student Village. There are over 2,400 bedrooms available within walking distance of the campus.
- These are a mixture of self-catering single study bedrooms, two bedroom flats and family accommodation, adaptive accommodation for students with disabilities and full en-suite flats. Wi-fi and utilities (water, gas, electricity) are included in the rent, which costs between £81 and £118 depending on the site.
Organisations for International Students
- The International Society, based in Manchester city centre, is run independently for the benefit of all international students from the three Manchester based universities – the University of Salford, Manchester Metropolitan University and the University of Manchester. The society organises classes, gatherings, celebrations and outings across the UK.
- The Students' Union offers a wide range of services and activities, including a number of country-based societies such as Oman, Nigeria, Pakistan and China.
We have programme franchises (where our programme is delivered by a different university) in 10 countries around the world:
- Tampere Polytechnic, University of Applied Science, Finland – Master of Arts in Film Script Writing.
- Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC), Malaysia – Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Fashion Design, Journalism, Graphic Design, Multimedia, Broadcasting.
- Ecole Superievre des Technologies Industrielle Avancees (ESTIA), France – Master of Science in Robotics and Embedded Systems.
- Master of Science in Robotics and Automation.
- Open University Hong Kong, Li Ka Shing Institute for Professional & Continuing Education OUHK LiPACE, Hong Kong – Bachelor of Science with Honours Psychology, Bachelor of Science with Honours Psychology & Counselling, and Bachelor of Science with Honours Criminology.
- Integrated College of Allied Health & Nursing (ICAN), Malaysia – Bachelor of Science with Honours in Physiotherapy.
- SSTC Singapore – Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Business and Management (Level 6).
- Robert Kennedy College, Switzerland – Master of Science in Financial Services Management, Master of Science in Global Management, Master of Science in Marketing, Master of Science in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Master of Science in Project Management.
- Sentral College Penang, Malaysia – Bachelor of Science with Honours Accounting and Finance, Bachelor of Science with Honours Business and Management, Bachelor of Science with Honours Business Information Technology.
- Imperial Institute of Higher Education (IIHE), Colombo, Sri Lanka – Bachelor of Science with Honours in Accounting and Finance, Bachelor of Science with Honours in Business and Management, Bachelor of Science with Honours in Business Information Technology, Bachelor of Science with Honours in Business and Tourism Management.
- We also have educational consultants in countries across the world.