University of Salford2015 League Table Ranking 84
2015 Overall Score 582
View the 2015 league tables
- League Tables
- Fees & Finance
- Distance Learning
- Map & Crime
- Also Consider
Pre-arrival and orientation
- The University of Salford runs a full programme of events for new students, for intakes in September, January and March.
- The University provides transfers from local airport, train and bus stations to the campus for arriving students.
- A range of welcome and induction events are offered, helping students settle into the academic, social and cultural life of the university.
- For further information, please visit the Get Ready Salford website at www.salford.ac.uk/getready/.
- Salford and our accommodation partners have over 2,500 bedrooms available within walking distance of the campus.
- These are a mixture of single study bedrooms, two bedroom flats and family accommodation, adaptive accommodation for students with disabilities and full en suite flats.
- All first year undergraduate and postgraduate students, including international students, are guaranteed a place in university accommodation provided they have received an unconditional offer of study and applied for accommodation by the designated dates (1 September in 2013).
- Students arriving for January and March intakes are normally able to obtain university accommodation and should visit the accommodation website at www.accommodation.salford.ac.uk to find out more.
- All accommodation is self-catered. Catering outlets across the University campus offer a choice of hot meals, snacks and refreshments.
- Free unlimited internet access is provided in all University accommodation.
- International students can choose from accommodation across halls of residence and also within private accommodation, rather than clustered together.
- A free campus bus service connects all accommodation sites and main campuses Monday- Friday throughout the academic year.
- Some accommodation is available for all-year occupancy, meaning that students do not have to move out during the summer vacation. These options will particularly suit postgraduate students and those on NHS-funded nursing course. Please see the website for more information.
- University accommodation ranges in price from £66 to £94 per week (2012–13).
English language requirement
- International students must have at least IELTS 4.5 for the International Foundation Year and IELTS 6.0 for most undergraduate degrees. Postgraduate courses typically require at least IELTS 6.5.
- Please visit the University’s English Language Centre for further information about English language services.
Scholarships and bursaries
- The University of Salford offers scholarships worth up to £6,000 to international students. To find out more please visit the website.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
- Tel: +44 161 295 4545
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.salford.ac.uk/study/international/
Why study at the University of Salford?
- Founded in 1896, we are a forward looking university with a rich history. We have over 3,000 international students studying with us, making the university a truly international institution.
- We are committed to delivering top-quality teaching that is focused on future careers. In the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), the university was in the top half of UK institutions.
- We are the only university with a presence at MediaCityUK; one of the most advanced centres in Europe for the digital and creative industries where students can work and study alongside institutions including the BBC, ITV and Adobe.
- No overseas campus.
Student organisations for international students
- As well as free membership of the International Society, there is a range of country based societies running at the university including Oman, Nigeria, Pakistan and China.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.