University of Salford2016 League Table Ranking 96
2016 Overall Score 534
View the 2016 league tables
- League Tables
- Fees & Finance
- Distance Learning
- Map & Crime
- Also Consider
Pre-arrival and orientation
- The University of Salford runs a full programme of events for new students, for intakes in September, January and March.
- The University provides transfers from local airport, train and bus stations to the campus for arriving students.
- A range of welcome and induction events are offered, helping students settle into the academic, social and cultural life of the university.
- For further information, please visit the Get Ready Salford website at www.salford.ac.uk/getready/.
- Salford and our accommodation partners have over 2,500 bedrooms available within walking distance of the campus.
- These are a mixture of single study bedrooms, two bedroom flats and family accommodation, adaptive accommodation for students with disabilities and full en suite flats.
- All first year undergraduate and postgraduate students, including international students, are guaranteed a place in university accommodation provided they have received an unconditional offer of study and applied for accommodation by the designated dates (1 September in 2013).
- Students arriving for January and March intakes are normally able to obtain university accommodation and should visit the accommodation website at www.accommodation.salford.ac.uk to find out more.
- All accommodation is self-catered. Catering outlets across the University campus offer a choice of hot meals, snacks and refreshments.
- Free unlimited internet access is provided in all University accommodation.
- International students can choose from accommodation across halls of residence and also within private accommodation, rather than clustered together.
- A free campus bus service connects all accommodation sites and main campuses Monday- Friday throughout the academic year.
- Some accommodation is available for all-year occupancy, meaning that students do not have to move out during the summer vacation. These options will particularly suit postgraduate students and those on NHS-funded nursing course. Please see the website for more information.
- University accommodation prices start from as little as £79.00 per week (2015-16).
English language requirement
- International students must have at least IELTS 4.5 for the International Foundation Year and IELTS 6.0 for most undergraduate degrees. Postgraduate courses typically require at least IELTS 6.5.
- Please visit the University’s English Language Centre for further information about English language services.
Scholarships and bursaries
- The University of Salford offers scholarships worth up to £6,000 to international students. To find out more please visit the website.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
- Tel: +44 161 295 4545 (press option 2)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.salford.enquiries.uk.com
Why study at the University of Salford?
- Founded in 1896, we are a forward looking university with a rich history. We have over 3,000 international students studying with us, making the university a truly international institution.
- We are committed to delivering top-quality teaching that is focused on future careers. In the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), the university was in the top half of UK institutions.
- We are the only university with a presence at MediaCityUK; one of the most advanced centres in Europe for the digital and creative industries where students can work and study alongside institutions including the BBC, ITV and Adobe.
- No overseas campus.
Student organisations for international students
- Free membership of the International Society, independently run for the benefit of all international students studying in the Manchester area, based on campus in University House and in Manchester city centre.
- The Students' Union offers a wide range of services and activities, including a number of country based societies such as Oman, Nigeria, Pakistan and China.
Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2015–2016
The following are the typical annual course fees submitted to us by the university:
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
See more information on the Reddin Fees Survey and the full table.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.