The University of Sheffield2014 League Table Ranking 26
2014 Overall Score 762
View the 2014 league tables
University of Sheffield Management School
With triple accreditation from AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB, the University of Sheffield Management School is in the top 1% of business schools worldwide. The accreditations indicate exceptional quality across a range of criteria from academic excellence to business engagement, alumni and careers support. We are proud of our reputation as one of only 58 Schools worldwide to have achieved this accolade.
- The one year full time MBA focuses on consultancy, entrepreneurship and leadership; we believe our programme creates the kind of individuals the world needs right now – great problem solvers, wealth creators and visionaries.
- As a key part of our programme you will work with a UK-based client to gain hands-on experience within a genuine dynamic workplace As you work through the Sheffield MBA you will apply your learning to your client developing your understanding and gaining consultancy experience. The course is backed by world-class research and taught by leading academics. The programme has strong relationships with a range of professional organisations including fast-track access to Chartered Manager qualification from the Chartered Management Institute when you graduate.
- All your tuition will take place in state-of-the-art learning and teaching facilities in a new executive suite in the Management School building. You’ll also enjoy regular networking and business engagement opportunities facilitated by our business development team through events such as our HSBC sponsored expert lecture series. We provide tailored careers support and professional development to make sure that your business knowledge and expertise is backed up with the soft skills you need to succeed. This is delivered by a dedicated team within the School’s employability centre supported by externally-sourced life coaching where appropriate, Whatever your current role and whatever your future aspirations , we will support you to move your organisation and your career forward.
- As part of your programme we provide a generous subsidy to encourage you to study business overseas. We work closely with colleagues in top business schools in Europe, India and Asia to offer a range of options for you to choose from.
- On the personal development side, you’ll have access to a social programme that will help you get to know your fellow delegates, explore the beautiful Peak District National Park and make some friendships that you will value socially and professionally.
- Sheffield has a reputation as a safe and friendly city. You’ll also find it a cost-effective place to live with the cost of living, rents and travel significantly lower than many other UK cities.
- See our new School video and find out more about us at http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/management.
- 1 year
Number of places
Fees and funding 2013–14
- UK student fees £22,500
- EU student fees £22,500
- International student fees £22,500
- Range of scholarships available.
Part-time Executive MBA
The University of Sheffield Executive MBA course is designed so that you can continue to work full-time while you study. Delivered part-time over two-and-a-half years, the course equips you with the skills you need to identify opportunities and generate value for your organisation.
- You’ll learn how to analyse complex organisational situations strategically, how to improve organisational effectiveness and how to initiate and manage successful change.
- The course looks at management from an operational and strategic point of view covering the core functions of business and not-for-profit organisations. You will be able to explore subjects that interest you in greater depth. You may also move into new areas broadening your knowledge and extending your range of skills.
- Subsidised residential accommodation is available within 10 minutes of teaching facilities.
- Executive MBA
- 2½ years
Number of places
Fees and funding 2012 entry
- UK student fees £18,300
- EU student fees £18,300
- International student fees £18,300
- Scholarships are available.
- A bursary worth 10% of the cost of fees is available to alumni.
- The University also offers bursaries to members of Chambers of Commerce within the South Yorkshire region.
For further information
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.