Staffordshire University2014 League Table Ranking 113
2014 Overall Score 453
View the 2014 league tables
Pre-arrival and orientation
- Our International Student Support team provides a whole range of specialist support services including:
Immigration and visa advice
Your right to work in the UK
Advice on life in the UK
- A one week International Welcome Programme is designed to help you make a positive start to your life at Staffordshire University. The Welcome Programme includes campus tours, faculty inductions and provides information about working in the UK, English Language and British culture. There is a free welcome meal and weekend trips to nearby attractions.
- We offer a free Meet & Greet service for all new students arriving in the UK from London Heathrow International airport and Manchester International airport on specific dates.
- Our student accommodation is safe, secure and very reasonably priced.
- International students are guaranteed a room as long as they have accepted an unconditional offer, paid their tuition fee deposit and returned their accommodation application form by the designated date (1 September 2012, this year).
- The university provides communal areas where students can cook and eat. Alternatively, there are good value restaurants and snack bars on campus.
- All on campus study bedrooms are equipped with access to the internet via the university's residential network ResNet. This service is included in the accommodation licence fee.
- International students are clustered within the Halls of Residence.
- The on-campus accommodation is within walking distance of lectures
- Students do not need to move out during the Christmas or Easter vacations.
- Accommodation costs £76 per week, or £2,736 for the annual licence fee for a standard room (2011–12).
English language requirement
- GCSE: grade C in English Language.
- IELTS: 6.0 with 5.5 in all bands.
- TOEFL: 87 (72).
Scholarships and bursaries
- £1,000 scholarship is available for all international students enrolling for the first time on a Staffordshire University degree course.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
Why study at Staffordshire University?
Modern, safe, friendly and supportive, Staffordshire University welcomes students from around the world. Here are just a few reasons why we believe you should study with us:
- Industry-leading teaching and vocational facilities – to give you the skills that employers want and need.
- Internationally recognised qualifications – with many of our courses accredited by professional bodies such as the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board, CIM, CISCO, British Psychological Society, British Computer Society and the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
- A diverse and multicultural university environment – with over 1,700 international students from 75 countries on campus.
- Close links with national and international businesses and organisations – giving you access to some of the best business minds and ensuring our teaching is relevant and up-to-date.
- Continual investment in your learning environment – our new £30-million Science and Technology Centre opens later this year!
- Lecturers with real world industry experience – they’re at the top of their profession and know how to help you achieve the results you need to succeed. For instance, journalism lecturer, Sarah Rowlands, has been voted Media Journalist of the year four times and has won four gold Sony Awards.
- A dedicated International Student Support Team – we’ve invested £4 million in first-class student services across the university.
- Safe, friendly campuses – our central location at the heart of the UK gives you the opportunity to make the most of your stay in the UK.
- Staffordshire University has an excellent reputation for long established partnerships with international universities, colleges and other organisations. These partnerships provide the opportunity for students across the word to study for Staffordshire University awards.
- AAB Riinvest, Kosova
- APIIT, India
- APIIT, Malaysia
- APIIT, Sri Lanka
- British University Vietnam, Vietnam
- Chengdu University of Technology, China
- City University, Hong Kong
- DISTED, Malaysia
- ESERP, Spain
- Global Institute of Software Technology, China
- Gulf College, Oman
- Shelton College, Singapore
- Science Technology Management College, Shanghai
- TEI Larissa, Greece
Student organisations for international students
- International Student Support team and over 40 different clubs and societies organised by the Students’ Union.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.