University of Strathclyde2014 League Table Ranking 41
2014 Overall Score 711
View the 2014 league tables
Pre-arrival and orientation
- The University of Strathclude provides online pre-arrival information, an airport meet and greet service (for which students can register online).
- In Semester 1 a week of orientation activities is held. This includes an orientation session for all new international students, bank account opening sessions, campus tours, social activities and much more.
- In Semester 2 we offer the airport meet and greet and an orientation session for new international students.
- New undergraduates are given high priority for accommodation as long as they apply (and have an unconditional academic offer) by 1 September.
- All university accommodation is self-catered, with wi-fi.
- International students are spread evenly within accommodation.
- The bulk of student accommodation is on-campus; the off-campus residence is only a 7 minute walk away.
- Accommodation contracts run from September to June; students do not have to move out during Christmas or Easter holidays.
- Single room in standard accommodation £88 per week (2012–13); en suite room £112. Heating and lighting are included.
English language requirement
- The University’s general entry requirements are IELTS 6.5, with no less than 5.5 in each component, and TOEFL 90–95 overall (internet based test).
- Some courses may require a higher, or accept a lower result. Students are advised to check the requirements of the specific course of interest.
Scholarships and bursaries
- Several departments at Strathclyde offer scholarships to international undergraduate students.
- More information on these can be found through the University’s scholarship search engine found at www.strath.ac.uk/search/scholarships.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
University of Strathclyde
50 George Street
- Tel: +44 (0) 141 548 2912
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.strath.ac.uk/rio/
Why study at the University of Strathclyde?
- The University of Strathclyde is a leading technological university. It is committed to the highest standards of teaching, research and knowledge exchange, and has a track record of making technologies and innovation applicable for the benefit of society and the environment. Business Strathclyde challenges traditional academic boundaries to solve global problems.
- Through its strong links with industry and the delivery of practical, innovative and career driven courses, Strathclyde provides learning experiences that make students globally employable.
- This has contributed to Strathclyde being named 2012 UK University of the Year by a leading education award. The prestigious title reflects Strathclyde’s status as a leading international technological university and reinforces its founding mission to be a 'place of useful learning'.
- Strathclyde SKIL Business School (SSBS) Delhi NCR in Greater Noida, India.
- The Strathclyde MBA is also offered at several international centres in Europe, the Gulf and South East Asia.
International organisations for international students
- There are a number of student organisations which both come under the umbrella of clubs and societies within the Student Union or are independent.
- Some national societies exist as Glasgow-wide organisations, taking in students from other institutions in Glasgow.
- In addition a weekly international pub night is organised for international students to meet up informally off campus.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.