University of Sunderland2016 League Table Ranking 116
2016 Overall Score 440
View the 2016 league tables
- League Tables
- Fees & Finance
- Distance Learning
- Map & Crime
- Also Consider
Pre-arrival and orientation
- The university runs a free airport pick up service for new international students arriving at Newcastle International Airport on specified dates.
- All faculties have one-week induction programme for new students and the university organises the International Students Welcome Party.
- The university has a wide range of modern purpose built accommodation and is able to guarantee all students a single study bedroom in university accommodation (which includes The Forge U Student Village).
- International undergraduate (and postgraduate) students are guaranteed accommodation until they finish their course.
- University accommodation is self-catering, with internet access.
- The Accommodation Office aims to spread international students across the student population and encourages multicultural allocation. However, this is not guaranteed as it depends on the time we receive an application and bed availability. Students can also choose to stay in single culture flats.
- The University of Sunderland has two campuses and a number of halls of residence spread across the city. Free transportation is available from halls of residence to both campuses.
- Students do not have to move out during vacations – they may stay for the full duration of their accommodation contracts.
- University accommodation costs between £68 and £90 (ensuite) per week, inclusive of bills (2013–14).
English language requirement
- GCSE English language: grade C.
- IELTS: 6.0.
- TOEFL: 87 (internet based test).
- CEFR: level B2
Scholarships and bursaries
- The University of Sunderland offers a scholarship of £1,500 per year specifically for international undergraduate students.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
University of Sunderland
- Tel: (+44) (0)191 5153000
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.sunderland.ac.uk/international
Why study at the University of Sunderland?
- Competitive tuition fees with scholarship scheme for all international students.
- Student Experience Winner.
- Modern campuses with first class facilities.
- One of the safest Universities in the UK to study at.
- Beautiful coastal city and in the top ten for the least expensive place to study in the UK.
- No overseas campus – the university has approximately 40 study centres around the world to deliver our off-campus programmes overseas.
Student organisations for international students
In addition to University of Sunderland Students’ Union, the following are examples of other student organisations:
- Chinese Students and Scholars Association
- Afro-Caribbean Society
- Nigerian Society
- Indian Students Society
Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2015–2016
The following are the typical annual course fees submitted to us by the university:
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
See more information on the Reddin Fees Survey and the full table.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.