Ask our experts anything university or college related, from choosing a university to your accommodation options, and everything in-between. We’re here to help – just Ask CUG.
University Tuition Fees and Financial Support
A university can charge different fees for different courses. It is up to a university to decide what fees it will charge for the courses it offers.
- The changes to the English system of tuition fees in 2012 caused changes in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, especially for students studying outside their home country.
- Find out what universities are charging for entry in 2013 – UK, EU and international undergraduate and postgraduate fees across all universities in the Reddin Survey; fees for individual universities, click on the Fees & Finance tab in our university profiles.
Fees and financial support
Tuition fees and the funding available are dependent upon where you will go to university and where you normally live.
- There are different university tuition fee schemes and financial support for students resident in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Students who started their university course in 2011 and years prior to that will not be affected but will remain under the scheme prevailing when their course began for the duration of their degree.
- Students from outside the EU will not be affected by these changes and will continue to pay international fees.
- Students planning to start university from 2013 should visit our Student Loan Repayment Calculator for an indication of how much they might repay and over what period of time.
- You need to understand how much you will pay and what financial support you can obtain.
To find the information relevant to you, click on the link below forwhere you will go to university and read the section for where you come from.
Managing your money
How to calculate your student budget.
- Work out your minimum income, your likely expenditure, and balance the two by budgeting.
Tuition fees and tuition fee loans
Other Financial Support
Funding and Financial Support
What financial support will you get?