We’ve helped students at over 150 UK universities to cover their tuition fees and living costs.
Managing Your Money
Reduce financial worries by working out your budget before you start at university.
- Work out your income, expenditure and balance the two by budgeting.
- As you read through these pages, look at your own personal situation and draw up an annual expenditure list.
- Once you have your financial support in place, you will know your minimum income for the year.
- Work out your budget and refer to it on a regular basis throughout the year, to see how you are doing.
- Although sometimes a hard discipline, sticking to a budget this year will stop you seriously overspending and give you a really good idea of how much the following years at university might cost you.
- Sainsbury's Bank has produced a useful free Guide to Planning for Your Financial Future. It contains advice on budgeting, your credit score and saving. Read a Guide to Planning for Your Financial Future.
Next page: Income