University of West London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- The University of West London has been ranked the number one modern university in London and has also received the Queen’s Anniversary Prize which was presented by the Queen for our outstanding work and achievements in hospitality.
- In 2013 the University of West London was ranked as the number one modern university in London for Business and Management Studies, Hospitality and Tourism, Law, Psychology and Nursing.
- The University of West London is ranked the number two modern university in London for Music, and Computer Science and IT.
- The university is also a leading modern university in art, design and media, and popular courses include digital animation, fashion and textiles, film, graphic design, media, photography and music management.
- Our west London campus is widely regarded as being one of the most desirable places in London to live. The area is safe and multicultural with a cosmopolitan café culture. We offer international students work placements and have links with major organisations such as Amazon, Apple, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Hotels, Oracle and Microsoft.
- Our alumni include the Head Chef for the Queen, the Deputy Minister of Education in Malaysia, the former Minister of Health in Mauritius and the President of Global Operations for the Hilton Hotels Group.
- We offer two intakes – in January and September.
What Do International Students Study?
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2015–2016):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Each year there are 100 International Student Scholarships worth up to £5,000, available for both the January and September intakes.
- Scholarships are not allocated by grade, but instead applicants must answer four questions regarding why they would be a good ambassador for the university.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- The International Office offers a Meet and Greet service at London’s Heathrow airport.
- There is a free University Preparation course lasting three weeks.
- The International Office works directly with the Students Union to produce a program of events and activities to introduce international and EU students to the UK. The university works closely with student ambassadors to ensure student receive support throughout their student journey.
Accommodation for International Students
- There is on-campus accommodation, opened in 2006 – 810 single study rooms which include en-suite toilet and shower facilities, broadband internet, and access to a communal common room, laundry and bike storage.
- There are a further 29 studio apartments on site that include a larger private area with integrated kitchen facilities and wheelchair accessibility.
- All accommodation is self-catered, with dining facilities on site.
- Some rooms are guaranteed for international students, but there is also plenty of availability throughout the year for additional students, with a capacity of up to 839 rooms.
- International students are spread evenly throughout university accommodation, rather than being clustered together.
- The rental contract is for 52 weeks, and students do not need to move out during the holidays.
- Rent for academic year 2016–17 starts from £146.90 per week.
Organisations for International Students
- There are many student societies, including the International Society, Nepalese Society, Chinese Society, Muay Thai Society, Entrepreneur Society, and much more.