University of West London2016 League Table Ranking 108
2016 Overall Score 492
View the 2016 league tables
- League Tables
- Fees & Finance
- Distance Learning
- Map & Crime
- Also Consider
Pre-arrival and orientation
- The University of West London offers international students a free two-week programme of activities, which has included trips to Brighton with a cream tea, a traditional barn dance, a sightseeing tour of London and St Paul’s, and a trip to royal Windsor with dinner and a quiz.
- The International Office also offers a Meet and Greet service at London’s Heathrow airport.
- There is a free University Preparation course lasting three weeks.
- There is on-campus accommodation, opened in 2006 – 810 single study rooms which include en suite toilet and shower facilities, broadband internet, and access to a communal common room, laundry and bike storage.
- There are a further 29 studio apartments on site that include a larger private area with integrated kitchen facilities and wheelchair accessibility.
- All accommodation is self-catered, with dining facilities on site.
- In September 2013, 76 rooms are guaranteed for international students, but there is also plenty of availability throughout the year for additional students, with a capacity of up to 839 rooms.
- International students are spread evenly throughout University accommodation, rather than being clustered together.
- The rental contract is for 52 weeks, and students do not need to move out during the holidays.
- Cost £140.55 per week (2014).
English language requirement
- For applications for September 2015 onwards – an overall IELTS 6 (UG) and IELTS 6.5 (PG), with no less than 5.5 in all elements.
- The University of West London also offers pre-sessional English language courses.
Scholarships and bursaries
- Each year there are 100 International Student Scholarships worth up to £5,000, available for both the February and September intakes.
- Scholarships are not allocated by grade, but instead applicants must answer four questions regarding why they would be a good ambassador for the University.
International Student Breakdown
Further information for international undergraduate degree students
Head of the International Office
University of West London
St Mary's Road
- Tel: +44 (0)208 231 2923
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.uwl.ac.uk/international
Why study at the University of West London
- The University of West London has been ranked the number one modern university in London and has also received the Queen’s Anniversary Prize which was presented by the Queen for our outstanding work and achievements in hospitality.
- In 2012–13 the University of West London has been ranked as the number one modern university in London for Business and Management Studies, Hospitality and Tourism, Law, Psychology and Nursing.
- The University of West London is ranked the number two modern university in London for Music, and Computer Science and IT.
- The University is also a leading modern university in art, design and media, and popular courses include digital animation, fashion and textiles, film, graphic design, media, photography and music management.
- The University is located in the popular, vibrant, and safe area of west London, with multinationals on our doorstep. We offer international students work placements and have links with major organisations such as Apple, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Hotels, Oracle and Microsoft.
- Our alumni include the Head Chef for the Queen, the Deputy Minister of Education in Malaysia, the former Minister of Health in Mauritius and the President of Global Operations for the Hilton Hotels Group.
- We offer two intakes – in February and September.
- No overseas campus.
International organisations for international students
- There are many student societies, including the International Society, Nepalese Society, Chinese Society, Muay Thai Society, Entrepreneur Society, and much more.
Advice for International Students
- General Advice
- British University History, Culture & the Weather
- Applying to a British University
- Entry and Employment Regulations
- English Language Tests and Requirements
- Managing Your Money
- Student Jobs
- Student Accommodation
International Students in the UK
Content was accurate at the time of compilation.