A Levels and Highers
Choosing Your A Levels or Highers
Our helpful guides can help you tread the right path
Choosing Your Highers
How to choose the best Highers for what you want to do
Read our advice and info on making the right decision. when it comes to Advanced Highers and Scottish Baccalaureates.
University Entry Requirements
Entry requirements are a key part of choosing a course
Choosing a Degree Course
There are so many choices to make you may feel overwhelmed. There is no universal course to suit everyone, so we know how important it is to find the right one for you.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Which subjects interest me?
- What are my talents?
- What job would I like to do after attending university or college?
- Which academic skills would I like to improve?
Access to Higher Education (HE) Diploma
Access to Higher Education (HE) Diplomas help thousands of people get the qualifications needed for entry into Higher Education.
Art and Design Foundation Diplomas (Art Foundation)
Art and design foundation diplomas can be a useful (or sometimes necessary) entry requirement for many related degrees.
Our subject guides include information on studying, courses, careers, and much more:
- Accounting & Finance
- Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering
- Agriculture & Forestry
- American Studies
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Art & Design
- Aural & Oral Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Business & Management Studies
- Celtic Studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Classics & Ancient History
- Communication & Media Studies
- Complementary Medicine
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Drama, Dance & Cinematics
- East & South Asian Studies
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Film Making
- Food Science
- Forensic Science
- Geography & Environmental Sciences
- General Engineering
- History of Art, Architecture & Design
- Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism
- Iberian Languages/Hispanic Studies
- Land & Property Management
- Librarianship & Information Management
- Materials Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Technology
- Middle Eastern & African Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Optometry, Ophthalmology & Orthoptics
- Pharmacology & Pharmacy
- Physics and Astronomy
- Russian & East European Languages
- Social Policy
- Social Work
- Sports Science
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design
- Veterinary Medicine
- Youth Work