A Levels and Highers
Job prospects and starting salaries in 70 subject areas
Choosing Your A Levels
Not sure which subjects to take? Follow our guide to choosing.
How many A levels do you need? What about AS levels? Facilitating subjects, FAQs and more.
Choosing Your Highers
How to choose the best Highers for what you want to do (or if you don't yet know!)
Advice on making the right decision. Info about Advanced Highers and Scottish Baccalaureates.
CUG Course Chooser
Search out the best university and college courses
University Entry Requirements
Entry requirements are a key part of choosing a course
Choosing a Degree Course
Things to think about when choosing
Choosing a subject and course to study at uni can seem a daunting task. There are so many choices to make that you may feel overwhelmed by it all. There is no one course which suits everyone, so we know how important it is to find the right one for you. The best way to decide what you would like to study is to ask yourself the following questions.
- Which subjects interest me?
- What are my talents?
- What job would I like to do after attending university or college?
- Which academic skills would I like to improve?
Our subject guides include information on studying, courses, careers, and much more:
- Accounting & Finance
- Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering
- Agriculture & Forestry
- American Studies
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Art & Design
- Aural & Oral Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Business & Management Studies
- Celtic Studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Classics & Ancient History
- Communication & Media Studies
- Complementary Medicine
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Drama, Dance & Cinematics
- East & South Asian Studies
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Film Making
- Food Science
- Forensic Science
- Geography & Environmental Sciences
- General Engineering
- History of Art, Architecture & Design
- Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism
- Iberian Languages/Hispanic Studies
- Land & Property Management
- Librarianship & Information Management
- Materials Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Technology
- Middle Eastern & African Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Pharmacology & Pharmacy
- Physics and Astronomy
- Russian & East European Languages
- Social Policy
- Social Work
- Sports Science
- Theology & Religious Studies
- Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design
- Veterinary Medicine
- Youth Work