Facilitating subjects, or informed choices
What are the facilitating subjects?
- English literature
- Maths and further maths
- Modern and classical languages
Facilitating subjects (sometimes called 'informed choices') are those A level subjects which are more frequently required for university entry than others.
- Including at least 2 facilitating subjects in your A level choices will give you a wide range of degree courses to choose from.
- Keep your options open, particularly if you are not sure what you want to study at university.
Our advice is to carefully research university and course entry requirements before choosing your A levels.
- Use our Course Chooser to check entry requirements at universities and for courses you may be interested in.
- Check out the university websites for general and specific entry requirements.
- The Russell Group of universities produce a booklet Informed Choices, which not only talks about the facilitating subjects, but advises on subjects required for specific degree courses.
If you know what you want to study at university