GSCEs needed to study A levels
To study A levels you will need to have done well in your GCSEs.
- Most schools and colleges will expect you to have gained A*–C grades in your GCSEs.
- Requirements can vary from four passes to six passes, so you should check with your school or college.
- Often you will need a GCSE at grade B or above in a subject if you want to go on to study it at A level.
GCSEs are changing, with new numerical grades (1–9) and changes to exams, coursework and specifications.
- This will affect students taking their GSCE exams in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Your school or college will have all the details – check with them if you have any questions.
Next page: How many A levels do I need?