Get more information

Remember, the Complete University Guide can answer your questions on subject choice and applying to university – AskCUG!

Search course entry requirements

  • Course Chooser
  • UCAS Universities and Colleges Admissions Service)
  • UCAS tariff information
  • Look at individual university websites and contact their Admissions or Schools Liaison teams if you have any questions – they want to help you!

Other websites can all be helpful in building your knowledge and informing your choices.

Examination boards, or awarding bodies, responsible for setting and awarding qualifications

England, Northern Ireland and Wales

  • AQA
  • CCEA (Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment)
  • CIE (Cambridge International Examinations)
  • OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA)
  • Pearson (Edexel)
  • WJEC (formerly the Welsh Joint Education Committee)


  • In Scotland the SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) is the national body responsible for the development, accreditation, assessment and certification of qualifications other than degrees.

Facilitating subjects (Informed Choices)

Aptitude tests