Get more information
Remember, the Complete University Guide can answer your questions on subject choice and applying to university – AskCUG!
Search course entry requirements
- Course Chooser
- UCAS Universities and Colleges Admissions Service)
- UCAS tariff information
- Look at individual university websites and contact their Admissions or Schools Liaison teams if you have any questions – they want to help you!
Other websites can all be helpful in building your knowledge and informing your choices.
- Find out about different career choices and graduate prospects
- The National Careers Service
- My World of Work
Examination boards, or awarding bodies, responsible for setting and awarding qualifications
England, Northern Ireland and Wales
- CCEA (Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment)
- CIE (Cambridge International Examinations)
- OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA)
- Pearson (Edexel)
- WJEC (formerly the Welsh Joint Education Committee)
- In Scotland the SQA (Scottish Qualifications Authority) is the national body responsible for the development, accreditation, assessment and certification of qualifications other than degrees.
Facilitating subjects (Informed Choices)
- Read about the facilitating subjects.
- UCAT – UK Clinical aptitude test – required for some medical and dental courses for medicine
- LNAT – National Admissions Test for Law – required for some undergraduate law programmes.
Next page: Changes to A Levels from 2015