University of Aberdeen
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Clearing & Adjustment
Why Study Here
The University of Aberdeen is the fifth oldest university in the UK and, over the past 500 years, we have consistently offered life-changing opportunities to all of our students. The Complete University Guide ranked the University 29th in the UK in their 2020 league tables, with a top 10 in subjects such as Accounting & Finance, Engineering, Linguistics, Sports Science and Law.
The university at a glance
- Over 1,400 students
- 130+ nationalities
- Over 150 sports clubs
- Olympic Standard sports facilities
- Almost 370 first degree programmes
- Associated with Five Nobel prizes
Based in the heart of one of the most dynamic and beautiful regions of the UK, Aberdeen really has something for everyone. In a matter of minutes you can find yourself travelling from the bustling city centre of Europe’s Energy Capital to touring through awe-inspiring countryside and coastlines.
Fascinating facts about Aberdeen
- Consistently ranked as one of the best cities to live and work in the UK
- Scotland’s third largest city
- Named Scotland’s Safest University City (source: Provident, Sep 2017)
- Vibrant and cosmopolitan community
Top tips for Clearing
- Prepare for results day and keep calm.
- Start the process as soon as you can.
- Have your information on hand, including your UCAS number.
- Do your research beforehand – know what study areas you are interested in.
- Ask the team questions – this will help make decision making easier.
We have a range of accommodation options* to suit everybody, located in or close to King's Campus, Hillhead Student Village and the City Centre. These are just a few of the many benefits to living on campus:
- 24 hour, 7 days a week senior management and friendly face presence, responding to and assisting with everything from being locked out, a blocked drain or just someone to talk to.
- Although just a short 10 minute walk to the main academic campus, Hillhead Student Village enjoys great transport links with a regular and direct bus service to our King's and Foresterhill campuses and the City Centre.
- Guaranteed accommodation* for all new students.
- Priority access to a fantastic £7 million student services building: HeadSpace.
- A great range of catered room packages and food and drink meal plan options.
- Living on campus is truly part of the University and Student Life experience.
*See our website for Terms & Conditions related to guaranteed accommodation.