University of Aberdeen
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Aberdeen has long welcomed international students from around the world, and currently has a large community of students and staff drawn from over 120 different countries.
- The university's International Office advises students before, during and after their application to study at Aberdeen.
English Language Requirements
- The university has a set minimum entry for the level of English, to ensure sufficient language skills for a student's studies.
- Please refer to the university website for information about English language requirements and the English courses offered by the university's language centre.
Accommodation for International Students
All new undergraduate and postgraduate students are guaranteed an offer of single accommodation, either owned by the university or a preferred partner, provided their application is received by the deadline.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.