- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Aberdeen boasts 500 years of excellence, and has secured a position as a leading international learning centre in the 21st century. Associated with five Nobel Prize winners, it builds on a proud heritage of teaching and research to equip postgraduate taught students with advanced knowledge and techniques in specialised or cross-disciplinary areas of study.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,940 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 64%
- Part Time 36%
- UK 64%
- EU 9%
- Other 27%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||20||130||150|
|Theology & Religious Studies||95||20||120|
|Accounting & Finance||10||90||105|
|Anatomy & Physiology||100||0||100|
|Geography & Environmental Science||45||55||100|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||35||40|
|Physics & Astronomy||20||15||40|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||20||20|
|Agriculture & Forestry||10||10||15|
|Land & Property Management||5||15||15|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||15||15|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||0||5|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||5||5|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||5||5|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Aberdeen offers a substantial portfolio of scholarships and bursaries aimed at supporting students, some of which are funded by external sponsors.
- Please refer to the funding database which can be found on the university's website.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- All new students are guaranteed an offer of single accommodation, either owned by the university or a preferred partner, provided their application is received by the deadline.
- The university owns and directly manages accommodation with a capacity for 2,600 students.
- All accommodation is on, or within walking distance of the main campus.