- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,115 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 63%
- Part Time 37%
- UK 62%
- EU 8%
- Other 31%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||15||225||240|
|Accounting & Finance||15||120||135|
|Anatomy & Physiology||110||5||115|
|Theology & Religious Studies||80||25||105|
|Geography & Environmental Science||45||55||105|
|Physics & Astronomy||20||20||40|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||25||30|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||15||15|
|Agriculture & Forestry||10||5||15|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||15||15|
|Land & Property Management||5||10||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||10||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||0||5|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||5||5|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a range of postgraduate scholarships across taught, research and PhD level. An alumni discount is offered to Aberdeen students deciding to continue their studies beyond undergraduate level.
- There are many specialist scholarships offered by trusts and individuals at postgraduate level, ranging from awards for students of specific countries, to discounts and awards.
- Please refer to the university website, where a funding database lists all scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students are able to secure accommodation in halls and flats owned by the university or preferred partners, located near the university and city centre; students must apply by the deadline.
- There is a choice of self-catered or catered accommodation available for short lease periods of 39 weeks. Facilities vary but can include: bicycle storage, car parking, gaming, launderettes, quiet blocks, events, flat groups to meet flatmates before arrival, and more.
- Please refer to the university website for details and application.