- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university owns and directly manages accommodation with a capacity for 2,600 students.
- All new students are guaranteed an offer of single accommodation, either owned by the university or a preferred partner, provided their application is received by the deadline.
- All accommodation is on, or within walking distance, of the main campus.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The University of Aberdeen offers a substantial portfolio of scholarships and bursaries aimed at supporting students, some of which are funded by external sponsors.
- Please refer to the funding database which can be found on the university's website.
- The University of Aberdeen offers a stimulating and supportive environment to students working alongside exceptional researchers.
- The university has a focus on impact and innovation in its research, with a strong history of pioneering discoveries as shown by its 5 Nobel Prize winners; over three quarters of recent research is classified as 'world-leading' or 'internationally excellent' in the most recent Research Excellence Framework.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,044 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 65%
- Part Time 35%
- UK 60%
- EU 11%
- Other 29%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||100||390||490|
|Business & administrative studies||35||250||285|
|Subjects allied to medicine||140||85||230|
|Historical & philosophical studies||140||30||175|
|Medicine & dentistry||60||45||110|
|Creative arts & design||10||10||25|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||15||15|
|Agriculture & related subjects||5||5||5|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.