- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,115 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 63%
- Part Time 37%
- UK 62%
- EU 8%
- Other 31%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||15||225||240|
|Accounting & Finance||15||120||135|
|Anatomy & Physiology||110||5||115|
|Theology & Religious Studies||80||25||105|
|Geography & Environmental Science||45||55||105|
|Physics & Astronomy||20||20||40|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||5||25||30|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||15||15|
|Agriculture & Forestry||10||5||15|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||15||15|
|Land & Property Management||5||10||10|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||10||10|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||0||5|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||5||5|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a range of postgraduate scholarships across taught, research and PhD level. An alumni discount is offered to Aberdeen students deciding to continue their studies beyond undergraduate level.
- There are many specialist scholarships offered by trusts and individuals at postgraduate level, ranging from awards for students of specific countries, to discounts and awards.
- Please refer to the university website, where a funding database lists all scholarships.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students are able to secure accommodation in halls and flats owned by the university or preferred partners, located near the university and city centre; students must apply by the deadline.
- There is a choice of self-catered or catered accommodation available for short lease periods of 39 weeks. Facilities vary but can include: bicycle storage, car parking, gaming, launderettes, quiet blocks, events, flat groups to meet flatmates before arrival, and more.
- Please refer to the university website for details and application.