- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Abertay is home to students from over 60 countries. The university offers a range of services to help international students settle in quickly, including English language classes, immigration and visa support, and scholarships to help fund the cost of studying in Scotland. The Student Services team also offer help with practical matters like registering with a doctor, housing and meeting new people.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
620 international students in 2016–17
- Abertay has a dedicated professional adviser to help international students with studying at the university and living in the UK.
- Students are offered specialist immigration advice and assistance with Tier 4 (General) Student visa extensions, post-study work options, dependent's visas, visitor visas and entry clearance information.
- The university provides welfare and pastoral care, financial advice and assistance.
- A welcome and orientation programme, along with social and cultural events and trips, help students settle in to the university and make friends.
English Language Requirements
The university's general English language entry standards are a minimum of IELTS 6.0 (with no individual band less than 5.5).
Accommodation for International Students
- Abertay gives priority to all new students from outside Dundee for its accommodation.
- All accommodation is self-catering, has free Wi-Fi and contents insurance and is within an easy walk of the university.
- International students are not clustered, with all nationalities mixed across residences.
- Students do not have to move out during vacations – Christmas and Easter vacations are included within the tenancy agreements.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.