- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Abertay has a dedicated professional adviser to help international students with studying at the university and living in the UK.
- Students are offered specialist immigration advice and assistance with Tier 4 (General) Student visa extensions, post-study work routes, dependent visas, visitor visas and entry clearance information.
- The university provides welfare and pastoral care, financial advice and assistance.
- An international student welcome and orientation programme, and a social and cultural calendar of events and trips, help students settle in to the university and make friends.
English Language Requirements
The university's general English language entry standards are a minimum of IELTS 6.0 (with no individual band less than 5.5).
Accommodation for International Students
- Abertay gives priority to all new students from outside Dundee for its accommodation.
- All accommodation is self-catering, has free Wi-Fi and contents insurance, and is within an easy walk of the university.
- International students are not clustered, with all nationalities mixed across residences.
- Students do not have to move out during each vacation – Christmas and Easter vacations are included within the tenancy agreements.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.