- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- Word-leading courses in computer games and computer arts.
- Home to the UK's first Centre for Excellence in Computer Games Education.
- Scotland's leading modern university for environmental science, law and psychology.
- First Scottish university to launch degrees in computer arts, bioinformatics, biotechnology, and ethical hacking and counter measures.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- Minimum entrance requirement is IELTS 6.0 (no band less than 5.5).
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers an Overseas Student Scholarship Fund that is open to students living outside the European Union and the European Free Trade Area, who are liable to pay overseas tuition fees and whom Abertay University believes would bring to the university additional personal and academic qualities.
- The university also participates in the Scottish Saltire Scholarships programme.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- Abertay University offers comprehensive pre-arrival information and guidance to international students via our website.
- An orientation programme is offered to new students.
- An international student advisor is available to assist and advise on a range of matters.
- A programme of special visits to tourist sites and cultural events is available, and an international welcome ceilidh (an informal Scottish social gathering with singing and dancing) is also offered.
Accommodation for International Students
- All new students from outside Dundee are given priority for accommodation.
- All accommodation is self-catering, has free wi-fi and contents insurance
- International students are not clustered – all nationalities are mixed across residences.
- All student accommodation is close to the university – from 2 to 20 minutes walk.
- Students do not have to move out during each vacation – Christmas and Easter vacations are included within the tenancy agreements.
- Costs vary according to the accommodation and facilities, but are generally £59–108 per week (2016–17).
Organisations for International Students
- Abertay has an International Student Society.
- No overseas campus but students based in Malaysia can study for a range of Abertay University undergraduate business degrees with the university's Malaysian partner, SEGi University College.