- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Accommodation is available for postgraduate students in the university's self-catered residences.
- Dundee has a broad range of private flats and houses for rent across the city, to suit any budget.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a range of Postgraduate Research Studentships.
- Abertay offers a number of fully funded studentships to exceptional graduates from around the world. These studentships offer a RCUK-equivalent stipend – of around £14,296 for studies that started in February 2017 – and registration fees.
- Abertay is open to applications for sponsored or self-funded study in a range of subject areas within its 4 Academic Schools – Arts, Media and Computer Games; Dundee Business School; Science, Engineering and Technology, and Social and Health Sciences.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
318 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 56%
- Part Time 44%
- UK 61%
- EU 23%
- Other 16%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||25||60||85|
|Business & administrative studies||25||30||55|
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||40||40|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||15||15|
|Creative arts & design||10||0||10|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.