- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
Abertay's Graduate School is a dedicated centre for postgraduate students, offering a space to study, collaborate, train and socialise with other postgraduate students. Taught and research degree courses include MbR, MPhil and PhDs. Research undertaken at Abertay is divided into four main themes: Creative Industries, Environment, Security and Society.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
390 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 46%
- Part Time 54%
- UK 67%
- EU 19%
- Other 14%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||20||25||45|
|Art & Design||0||30||30|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||10||15|
|Accounting & Finance||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a range of postgraduate research studentships.
- Postgraduate students can also apply for scholarships including the rUK Postgraduate Scholarship, offering £2,000, the International Postgraduate Scholarship, also offering £2,000, and subject-specific scholarships offered by organisations, trusts and individuals with strong links to Abertay.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation is available for postgraduate students in the university's self-catered residences.
- Dundee has a broad range of private flats and houses for rent across the city, to suit any budget.