- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Aberystwyth University is set in a unique student town, part of the distinct Welsh culture and surrounded by beautiful scenery. Across a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate disciplines, students can expect excellent teaching from research-led academic staff. Support includes English language classes and generous international scholarships.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,605 international students in 2016–17
- Aberystwyth University is a friendly, close-knit community where international students are welcomed and supported throughout their stay.
- After a welcome ceremony, the university offers document check services, course enrolment support, course/module information and, as part of Freshers', a Welcome Week with social activities and departmental events to help students settle into life at the university.
- A Meet and Greet coach service operates from Birmingham International Airport. Places can be reserved by international students who have firmly accepted the offer to study at Aberystwyth University, and who arrive on the dates specified on the university website.
- Freshers' Heroes are on campus at the beginning of term: these are current university students who help new students find their way around or answer any questions about university life.
- Please refer to the university website for further details about support offered to international students.
English Language Requirements
- Degree programmes at Aberystwyth University normally require a IELTS score of 6.5.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students from outside the EU are guaranteed a place in university residences for the duration of their studies, providing their application is submitted by the published date, and that an offer of accommodation is responded to by the deadline provided.
- Spaces are available and priority given to international students who wish to remain in university accommodation during the summer.
- Please refer to the university website, accommodation section, for details.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.