- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- All first-year students are guaranteed university accommodation, providing their application is submitted by the published date and that an offer of accommodation is responded to by the stated deadline. Please refer to the university website for details.
- A wide range of accommodation includes catered and self-catered residences with either standard or en-suite rooms available. Fferm Penglais residence offers high-end, en-suite student rooms, along with 100 studios.
- Facilities are located either on-site or close to the residences, including learning and study spaces, laundry rooms, secure bike storage, communal space for clubs and societies and café/restaurant/shop.
- Accommodation fees include utilities, Internet/Wi-Fi and a high level of personal contents insurance, plus free sports centre platinum membership.
- The majority of residences are within 5–10 minutes' walk of the campus, while others are in town or on the seafront.
|Catered||from £4,707 to £4,900 per year|
|Self-Catered||from £3,331 to £6,786 per year|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- Offering some of the most picturesque views in Wales, Aberystwyth also provides one of the best cultured communities the UK has to offer – whatever your interest, there is plenty to do. With beautiful sandy beaches just a stone's throw away, and the Cambrian Mountains on the doorstep, there's no beauty quite like the beauty of Aberystwyth.
Nightlife and Culture
- Aberystwyth is a lively seaside town with a close-knit community and plenty of shops, cafés, pubs and clubs.
- Local attractions include Constitution Hill, Ceredigion Museum, Aberystwyth Castle and the ancient hill fort Pen Dinas, while the Rheidol Valley Steam Train offers a fun day out to Devil's Bridge and its picturesque waterfalls and bridges. The award-winning Aberystwyth Arts Centre is located on the university campus and the National Library of Wales is 5 minutes' away.
- The town's beach front is popular with walkers, joggers, skaters, rollerbladers and bikers, and the coast provides plenty of opportunities for water sports, including bodyboarding, kite-surfing and kayaking.
- The campus is a 10-minute walk from the town centre and transport stations.
- National Express offers a daily link to London and Birmingham, while Megabus provides services to London and Cardiff. Aberystwyth Railway Station is on the Cambrian Line to Shrewsbury and Birmingham, with trains operated by Transport for Wales. The railway station is situated in the town centre, adjacent to the bus station and taxi rank.
- Aberystwyth is easily accessible by road.