- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate students at Aberystwyth University benefit from a designated Graduate School and exclusive postgraduate accommodation.
- We have a diverse and international student population and there is much opportunity for multi-disciplinary research and learning through the diverse programmes on offer.
- We are home to more than 9,000 students, including over 800 international students from more than 90 nations.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 1,335 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 59%
- Part Time 41%
- UK 76%
- EU 7%
- Other 16%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Mass communications & documentation||9||304||313|
|Business & administrative studies||16||118||134|
|Creative arts & design||42||62||104|
|Historical & philosophical studies||9||42||51|
|Agriculture & related subjects||2||49||51|
|Engineering & technology||0||1||1|
- Fine Art; Art History; Celtic Studies; Drama; Education; English Literature; Creative Writing; European Languages (French, German & Spanish); Film & Television Studies; History; Welsh; Welsh History; Theatre & Performance Studies; Agriculture; Biological Sciences; Computer Science; Environmental Science; Earth Sciences; Geography; Applied Mathematics; Pure Mathematics; Physics (inc. solar and planetary physics); Materials Science; Sport & Exercise Science; Software Engineering; Robotics; Psychology; International Politics; Information Studies; Archive & Records Management; Law; Criminology; Management & Business; Economics; Finance & Accounting; Marketing.
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Aberystwyth Masters Scholarships worth up to £1,000 off tuition fees for UK/EU students (who hold a minimum 2i Honours) on full-time Masters courses.
- International Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships worth up to £2,500 off tuition fees for non-EU students (who hold a minimum 2i Honours) on full-time Masters courses.
- AberDoc Scholarships are open to prospective PhD students of all nationalities. Awards cover UK/EU tuition fees, a living allowance and a travel/conference fund. These are awarded annually on a competitive basis.