Anglia Ruskin University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,300 international students in 2016–17
- The university offers an airport pick-up service and international orientation programme, which normally lasts 2 days.
- Student Services and the Students Union also have a welcome week where students will get course and faculty inductions as well as lots of other information, advice and support to help them settle in.
English Language Requirements
- For entry onto undergraduate degree programmes, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, with nothing lower than 5.5 in any of the 4 elements (listening, speaking, reading and writing) with exceptions.
- For entry onto Masters degree programmes, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with nothing lower than 5.5 in any of the 4 elements (listening, speaking, reading and writing) with exceptions.
- Applicants for research degrees, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, unless a higher IELTS score is required for study at undergraduate or postgraduate level in your subject area. Please contact us if you wish to check the required level of English for a research degree in a particular subject.
- Some courses may have higher English language proficiency requirements, If students need to improve their level of English language to meet entry requirements, the Anglia Ruskin University Language Services Unit offers a variety of courses to cater for different needs.
Accommodation for International Students
- In both Cambridge and Chelmsford the university accommodation is close to the city centres, within walking distance of train stations with fast links to London.
- ARU advises students to apply for accommodation as soon as they have accepted their offer of an academic place at the university. Students who apply early will have the best chance of securing their first choice of accommodation.
- All accommodation is self-catering, but meals can be purchased from multiple on-site catering outlets, if required. These amenities are open during the day from Monday to Friday, while vending machines are accessible 24/7.
- The university can also help if students have any medical requirements; there are a selection of rooms suitable for a range of disabilities, and a few rooms with provision for an adjacent live-in carer.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.