- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,115 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 46%
- Part Time 54%
- UK 73%
- EU 5%
- Other 22%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||50||650||705|
|Art & Design||20||245||265|
|Accounting & Finance||25||50||70|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||65||65|
|Anatomy & Physiology||50||20||65|
|Theology & Religious Studies||50||5||50|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||50||50|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||30||30|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||25||25|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||10||10|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university has a wide range of bursaries and scholarships specifically for postgraduate study.
- Alumni Scholarship: ARU offers all former UK/EU students a discount of £1,000 on any postgraduate full- or part-time taught degree (terms and conditions apply).
- Lord Ashcroft International Business School EU Partner Scholarship: £1,000 per course, available graduates of EU partner institutions studying on a full fee-paying 180 credit, full-time Masters, MPhil or PhD course.
- Achievement Scholarship: up to £1,000 per course, available to current students and alumni who achieve a final classification of a 1st or 2:1 (or equivalent score) in their undergraduate degree and are accepted on to one of ARU’s taught Masters courses including the Legal Practice Course (LPC).
- MA Publishing: two bursaries available of a fee-reduction, or bursary.
- The Mark Wood Art and Design Scholarship: for students studying an MA in a number of creative subjects.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- The university cannot guarantee accommodation: applicants are encouraged to apply for accommodation as soon as possible in order to stand the best chance of gaining a room, as halls do fill to capacity.