Anglia Ruskin University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- The university cannot guarantee accommodation: applicants are encouraged to apply for accommodation as soon as possible in order to stand the best chance of gaining a room, as halls do fill to capacity.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university has a wide range of bursaries and scholarships specifically for postgraduate study.
- Alumni Scholarship: ARU offers all former UK/EU students a discount of £1,000 on any postgraduate full- or part-time taught degree (terms and conditions apply).
- Lord Ashcroft International Business School EU Partner Scholarship: £1,000 per course, available graduates of EU partner institutions studying on a full fee-paying 180 credit, full-time Masters, MPhil or PhD course.
- Achievement Scholarship: up to £1,000 per course, available to current students and alumni who achieve a final classification of a 1st or 2:1 (or equivalent score) in their undergraduate degree and are accepted on to one of ARU’s taught Masters courses including the Legal Practice Course (LPC).
- MA Publishing: two bursaries available of a fee-reduction, or bursary.
- The Mark Wood Art and Design Scholarship: for students studying an MA in a number of creative subjects.
- Postgraduate research programmes at Anglia Ruskin lead to a Doctor or Master of Philosophu (PdD/MPhil), and MD (Res), a PhD by Published Work, or a Professional Doctorate.
- Self-funded research project opportunities are availalbe across a range of disciplines. Funded PhD studentships are offered from time to time.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,666 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 48%
- Part Time 52%
- UK 65%
- EU 6%
- Other 29%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||75||695||770|
|Business & administrative studies||110||625||735|
|Creative arts & design||30||215||245|
|Historical & philosophical studies||80||55||135|
|Architecture, building & planning||40||70||110|
|Engineering & technology||5||105||110|
|Mass communications & documentation||0||60||60|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||35||35|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.