Previously known as RDI, Arden University offers access to degrees, masters and MBA programmes via online distance learning or flexible on-campus study modes. This flexibility attracts students of all ages, from 18 to 80 years old, who are supported both on-campus (at study centres in Birmingham, Manchester or London) and online.
UCAS Code: R25
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Provisional is awarded to institutions that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK, but which do not currently have enough data to be fully assessed. Institutions must opt in for this award. Find out more about TEF.
Undergraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Student Services and Facilities
- All study materials are provided, and students have access to electronic library resources.
- The flexible study pattern and the help of a dedicated support team means that 90% of Arden's students continue to work and build their experience alongside their studies.
- Arden courses are designed with a strong focus on employability and students are encouraged to apply their learning directly to the workplace.
- The university offers an online careers portal which helps students search for jobs, develop a CV and sharpen their interview techniques. Please refer to the university website to learn more about career support.
- Arden University prides itself on an excellent support network – as well as an academic tutor, students are assigned a dedicated Student Support Coordinator to help them from enrolment to graduation.
- As well as having a Student Support Coordinator, students also have access to Studentline, a 24-hour counselling and GP helpline. Arden are the first university in the UK to launch this service and partnership.
Other services and facilities
- Students choosing to study via blended learning at one of Arden's study centres in London, Birmingham or Manchester have access to all the technology required, including computers, Internet access, printing services and study spaces.
- All students are automatically enrolled into Arden University’s Student Association where they can connect with similar students all around the world.
- Arden University started life in 1990 as Resource Development International (RDI). In April 2014 the university was awarded taught degree awarding powers.
- In August 2015 it officially became Arden University – the only specialist distance (online) learning university to launch in the UK in the last 50 years.
- Over 50,000 students worldwide have unlocked their potential by studying a degree, masters or MBA programme through either online distance learning or flexible on-campus study.
- Arden University is one of only five UK institutions to offer a Qualifying Law Degree via online distance learning.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Graduates have gone on to work for companies such as Apple, IBM, Clarins and KLB Group. Many graduates have gained a new job, increased their salary or have been promoted since earning their university qualification at Arden. Please refer to the university's website to take a look at some of the students' stories.
Arden University, Middlemarch Park, Coventry, CV3 4FJ