Arts University Bournemouth
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) welcomes students from across the world, with a range of Study Abroad places on its degrees. The university provides English language support, including custom courses tailored to international students' needs, and staff are able to advise students in Chinese or Japanese.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
995 international students in 2017–18
- A wide range of languages are spoken at partner language schools and by overseas AUB representatives.
- Free airport taxi for international students arriving at AUB for the first time.
- An orientation programme covers: living in Bournemouth and studying at Arts University Bournemouth, finding your way around the campus, university services and resources, English language support, presentation skills, study skills, cultural awareness, British law, banking and finance, immigration and visa advice.
- There is a barbeque and party at the end of orientation week.
English Language Requirements
- For BA (Hons) courses the university requires IELTS 6.0 overall with at least 5.5 in each band. Other courses have different requirements, please refer to the university website for details.
- If a student's first language is not English the university will need to assess their language ability; please contact the university for guidance.
Accommodation for International Students
- Overseas students are prioritised for university accommodation.
- There is a range of halls, or shared and rented housing for students to choose from.
- Bournemouth has a large number of lodgings available where students can live with an English family, as well as Student Hotels for students looking for accommodation with more support.
- Ongoing support is provided with English language skills, presentation and study skills, cultural awareness, British law, banking and finance, immigration and visa advice.