Arts University Bournemouth
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Staff are able to advise students in Chinese or Japanese, and a wide range of languages are spoken at partner language schools and by overseas AUB representatives.
- Free airport taxi for international students arriving at AUB for the first time.
- An orientation programme covers: living in Bournemouth and studying at Arts University Bournemouth, finding your way around the campus, university services and resources, English language support, presentation skills, study skills, cultural awareness, British law, banking and finance, immigration and visa advice.
- There is a barbeque and party at the end of orientation week.
English Language Requirements
- For BA (Hons) courses the university requires IELTS 6.0 overall with at least 5.5 in each band. Other courses have different requirements, please see the university website for more details.
- If a student's first language is not English the university will need to assess their language ability. Contact the university for guidance.
Accommodation for International Students
- Overseas students are prioritised for university accommodation.
- There is a range of halls, or shared and rented housing for students to choose from.
- Bournemouth has a large number of lodgings available where students can live with an English family.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.