Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Changing course in second year

Which university in the United Kingdom offers biomedical science for first year and then a change to Medicine in second year?
Answered by Alison Patterson
There are none. You would have to graduate in biomedical science then apply for medicine as a second degree course. There are some courses that offer the possibility of a direct transfer to a Medical School after Graduation, such as Clinical Sciences at University of Bradford.

Some UK providers also offer Medicine with a foundation year e.g. University of Sheffield. This is in order to attract a different kind of medicine student. Check out our course chooser to thoroughly assess your options:


Similar questions