Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Entry requirements for masters degree in public health?

Can you please let me know if I'm qualify to study master degree in public health, having studied English Language for first degree. I have 5 years work experience in Adult Care and two Diploma certificates in Social Care.
Answered by Alison Patterson
You need to read the information on university websites.
I am assuming you want to study in the UK. Use our Course Chooser at:

There are numerous universities offering courses. Click on a few and look up entry requirements. For example,

University of York

In general, they all seem to be asking for an Upper Second Class degree in any subject or equivalent. You'll also have to demonstrate an interest in public health via work experience etc. And it looks as though you are able to do this.

When you have a short-list of universities that interest you and for which you are qualified, you should write to the Course Admissions Tutor for further information or confirmation that you are eligible.

Similar questions