Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

I want to go to a certain university but it's not on my UCAS form. What can I do?

I have 3 offers for podiatry all of which i might decline due to distance.

Can I go through clearing and apply for the same course at a different university I didn't apply to via UCAS?

I do meet the entry requirements with this university.
Answered by Alison Patterson
If there is one university that you really want to go to and it wasn't one of your original five UCAS choices, I suggest you get on the phone to them now, ask if they have any places left for 2015 and whether you meet the entry requirements. Explain your circumstances and change of mind and ask if they will consider you for 2015. If they say yes, you can almost certainly make arrangements with UCAS and the university will advise you.

Alternatively, if you decline your offers now you could find yourself without a course, so it is a risk. It is advisable to go through the usual UCAS process and CF and CI with two universities or UF as appropriate. At results time you may use Adjustment or Clearing depending on the availability of places.


It is a question of whether the podiatry courses are full yet. So, it is worth contacting your favourite immediately.

Similar questions