Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Born in wales, living in england - what are the tuition fees if I go to a Welsh university?

I was born in wales and lived there until the age of 4. I have lived in England from age 4 onwards. I am looking to start uni and was wondering whether I would be paying course fees and receiving loans and grants based on being Welsh or whether I would be classed as English?
Answered by Alison Patterson
You are resident in England, you apply for student funding from the country in which you are resident (so you will apply to Student Finance England). Your country of birth is not relevant in this case, based on the information you have given me.
For more information go to:

Similar questions