Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Student loan available when studying in Italy?

My daughter has been accepted into an Italian university to study for a Bachelors Degree. The costs are high, can she get a Student Loan (same as in the UK) for the duration of the degree? i.e. 0% interest etc as the government allow here in the UK?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Currently, the UK Government does not fund British nationals to study in Europe. You would need to pay the tuition fees and maintenance (cost of living) costs yourselves.

However, EU students are considered for loans and grants on the same basis as Italian students. In other words your daughter may qualify for funding from the Italian government. It's means tested though, so maybe not - it depends on your personal circumstances.

Use this page for guidance to start you off:

Similar questions