Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Changing university firm choice due to personal circumstances, is it possible?

Hi, my son has chosen Leicester as his firm choice on his UCAS form but circumstances have changed and would rather have his second choice Northumbria to be near family if he needs to get home quicker. Is this possible?
Answered by Alison Patterson
He should speak to Northumbria first and ask if they would agree to the alteration. This is all possible within UCAS providing that Northumbria have places available. Leicester will release him when asked, and will not object, especially due to the personal circumstances.

Similar questions