Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Financial support for married students with family to support.

I am married with 3 children. If I opt for full time study (Postgraduate), would I get any funding from government to support my family during this period? Keep in view that my wife is not working either full or part time.
Answered by Alison Patterson
There is a newly introduced bursary scheme for 2015 (focussed on increasing representation of under-represented groups) followed by a new loan scheme for 2016. This will perhaps apply to yourself. University websites will have more details.

Similar questions