Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Can fees status change midway through a course?

What will be the fees for UK resident of only 2 years albeit holds British passport but was previously an Expat for 5 years?

If I pay international fees for the first year, will I move to resident fees for the second and third years?
Answered by Alison Patterson
The rule is three year residence in the UK to qualify for home tuition fees and UK Government funding support.

It is quite unusual to be permitted to change status during a degree course. I suggest you speak to Student Finance England for more information

Also look at:

If all else fails it'll be worth waiting an extra year before going to uni and getting home fees. You could take a gap year, do some volunteering, get work experience, the list goes on!

Similar questions