Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

I'm Scottish but my parents are moving me to England. Will I still get free uni education?

I have been studying in Scotland for about 9 years now and that qualifies me for free education, however, my English parents might be moving back to England. If they move me to England will I still qualify for free university education or will my studies in Scotland be overlooked?
Answered by Alison Patterson
You eligibility for Scottish fees will depend on your residence. You must normally have been living in the country for the three years before starting university, so it depends on when they are moving to England.

You should contact SAAS for confirmation:

Also read the information on their website at:

I hope this helps.

Similar questions